Sign in to follow this  

Tipping In Mexico

I plan on leaving the truck in the parking lot at the San Nicolas and wonder how much you all tip the security to keep an eye on your truck/bikes?

I think it all depends on how much the security guards friends cut him in for after they break into your car and steal all your stuff. :applause:

Yes, but I hear the San Nicolas is pretty good with vehicle security. The bikes will be locked up and there won't be much in the truck to steal.

depending on if that will be the security guy all night, or just for the next hour also depends on tip amount.

Then again... is ALL your stuff worth handing the guy a $5 spot? Or a $20 spot? And will he be there to watch it throughout the night, or only for the next 20 minutes until shift change. :applause:

I give anywhere from $5 up to $20 depending.

Lot empty - $20

Lot full - $5

That Hotel is were my freinds 4 door Diesel ford was ripped from last year.

Tip $50 in advance and let him know he gets the same later, or a Bullet.

Just remember... base salary for some of these guys is $40 per week....

You could quadbazillion that in a couple days if the lot was full, and make a mint if you worked there.

...just remember, even if they are watching it - lock up anything removable (that's valuable) and put most that you can out of sight (away from theiving eyes).

Have fun!

me and our entire team have stayed at the san nicholas for every race for the last 9 years and we have never had any problems whatsoever. you need to talk to "Martin" he runs the parking lot like Stalin. give him a $20 and a T shirt and your set.

me and our entire team have stayed at the san nicholas for every race for the last 9 years and we have never had any problems whatsoever. you need to talk to "Martin" he runs the parking lot like Stalin. give him a $20 and a T shirt and your set.

that's awesome... and not that I'm getting soft, but the Gringos attitude toward the security guard and respecting him goes a LONG way too. I've always respected them from what I remember, and also have not had any problems. We usually park in the Villa Marina (great bar and view! - top floor).

Back to that attitude.... I've seen the worst (from dirt bag drunk Gringo, poor Gringo -cheap, to rich Gringo) attitude towards the 'help'... it just makes me wanna boxer.gif... and it's embarassing.

Feeling the moment... Pack it in, pack it out (trash). :applause: