Sign in to follow this  

Handguards and 06 KTM 300

I have (just bought) an 06 KTM 300XCW it has the traditional EE handgaurds on it but the problem is I can't get my levers to adjust down like I want them because the hydraulics hit the guard bracket. It's even worse now because I've shortened the bars. The levers wont attach at all if I try and put them under the brackets. What are you guys running for handguards? I'm thinking about the FIT system. :applause:

I will buy them from you if not too beat up. I use them on my KTM but the Cycras are much easier to put on with the swivel mount. They also make some offset bar mounts for guys with your problem, I think EE or Moose, which are the same, just came out with them. The other thing I did was put on a different clutch hose that has an offset in it and was SS braided.

I hear you. I have a 06 300. I turn my barkbusters slightly down, it allows you to turn your lever slightly down also. Plus if you really hit something hard the busters will tend to turn down rather than smashing/pinching your fingers to the bars (happened to a friend).

I used the EE's for the taper bars. The taper mounts didnt fit very well and I had to file the inside to allow for adjustment to where I wanted them. My levers are still higher than I used to run, but I am used to it now. I bought a EE clutch line with a 90 degree bend to help with position adjustability, but have not yet installed it.

I use the KTM Hard part "U" connector bar. About $40 and hydro cable runs in the "U" so you can tilt your levers down.

I originally purchased the Cycra guards from the hard parts book came with the easy fit clamps. Had the very same problem. Ended up going with the solution mount also. If you cut your bars down you will need to put another hole in the bracket. Another nice benefit is that it provides protection for your computer as well.

If you've already got EE handguards try and find some ACN bar mounts. They allow your lines to run lower so you can run your levers lower

these ones are cool they don't move at all

HPIM2148.jpg

What are these ones? Are the clamp mounts from Cycra?

Your local KTM dealer should stock the Cycra mount that drop down. It's a 39.00 fix and works well with the EE guards.