Sign in to follow this  

!!!JD Jetting Kit for TTR125 Released!!!

WOW $75!!!!

Most just do either of the following

1. Jet the bike to the specs in the sticky. Works well for the "uncorked bikes"

2. Most bigbore/cammers usually don't dick around with the stock carb and upgrade either to the BBR or YZ 80 carb :applause:

seventy five dowwa too beaucoup... too beaucoup...

Personally I think that's a little ridiculous But I'm also a broke father of 2. :applause:

I like the idea, but $75 for it, they better have gold plated jets with a dimond tip...

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool how much cause im gettin an exhaust, any 1 selling one for a ttr125l 2003

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool how much cause im gettin an exhaust, any 1 selling one for a ttr125l 2003

Did you bother reading the several pages above and going to the link provided? They both clearly state the price, $75.

Would like to hear from someone that has installed a kit in their TTR125. Also what mods you did before/at the time of install? Intake, exhaust, ect...Thanks

I don't know if this should be here or not but here goes.

I just installed jets in my cousins tt125. To get these at the dealer I had to by a four pack of each jet.

What I would like to do is keep the stock jets and one each of the unsed jets which will give me three sets of;

main; 107.5, 110, 112

pilot; 17.5, 20

That is 3 sets of jets with 5 jets per set. With tax it was just under $13 per 4 pack, 13 / 4 = 3.25 X 5 jets per set = 16.25

If anyone wants a set I will drop them in a padded envelope and mail them to you at that price. If I get home and check the reciept and find it's a bit cheaper I will reduce the amount to the exact price, plus the cost of a stamp.

BTW, that little 125 sure woke up, opened the air box, installed a uni, lathed out the inner pipe of the spark arrester & jetted...yippieeeee:ride:

If you click on the link, the first thing that the kit brags about is the inclusion of specially designed needles; needles do what mains and pilots can only dream about! 75 is worth it IMO; build one for the 230 and count me in.

Hi, I'm from Argentina, I have a TT225S 1986, and i don't have the specifications, i don`t know what kind of oil has the front fork???, sorry, my english is not good!! Thanks!:thumbsup:

If you click on the link, the first thing that the kit brags about is the inclusion of specially designed needles; needles do what mains and pilots can only dream about! 75 is worth it IMO; build one for the 230 and count me in.

If you're not riding on the mian jet you need to open the throttle up a little more. In a bike like the ttr125 I just don't think it has enough potential to warrant a $75 needle. Especially seeing as how the main jet takes over around 3/4 throttle to wide open, and that's where these bikes stay most of the time.

I should note, however, that I had no problem at all paying that price a few days ago for a JD kit for my new DRZ400SM. It's a great product, I just don't think it's needed in the TTR125.

Would like to hear from someone that has installed a kit in their TTR125. Also what mods you did before/at the time of install? Intake, exhaust, ect...Thanks

I know this is a little older thread, but I put in the JD jetting kit a couple of weeks ago on an '05 TT-R125LE.

First, a little history: I bought the bike new, in crate this spring for my wife from a dealership with leftovers in storage. The bike would idle okay, but off idle it would be very powerless and just barely stay running. Enough to ride it, but not enough to ride it decently. Fast forward a couple of months, and it was to the point where it would only idle. Any time I opened the throttle, it would stall immediately. It'd fire up right away, but again only idle.

I ordered the JD kit, and had the main jet and needle installed in less than an hour (first time taking apart the carb on the TT-R). The stock main was a 105, and I replaced it with a 115. I put in the blue needle at the same setting as factory. Turned the fuel on, hit the starter and she fired up right away. I little idle adjustment, and it was good to go. :crazy:

I have some fine tuning to do to it, but overall the bike runs and has power like it never did before. The only other mod I did to it at the time was to cut the top of the air box out with a large hole saw (left filter in place, then vacuumed the shaving out with a Shop-Vac). I also did turn the idle up a little, as well as turn the pilot screw out 3/4 of a turn.

do they make 110 sizes

Yes, 110-130 IIRC. Plus, it comes with two needles: blue and red. The kit is in the garage, so can't look at it right now.

Is it worth the $75? Depends on your thoughts, but for me, I say yes. I didn't want to replace the carb and deal with a lot of extras related to that.