Copper City Road Riding Map

Anyone have a map of the Copper City area off Copper City road?

How far is Calico from Copper City road?

Good riding trails there?

I've heard good things of that area and want to check it out next weekend.

Thanks

I don't have a map, but the riding there just may be some of the best you will find. If you like riding at Red Mountain, you'll love Copper City.

Just get away from the staging area and head for the hills. As you go up and down, through and around the hills, you'll find lots of true single track. There are a few soft spots, but there aren't very many rocks.

The hills aren't for newbies IMO, but they aren't too hard.

Its never crowded. I wish I could go with you.

Anyone have a map of the Copper City area off Copper City road?

How far is Calico from Copper City road?

Good riding trails there?

I've heard good things of that area and want to check it out next weekend.

Thanks

No trail maps that I know of. Great place to ride with lots of fun/challenging stuff. You can ride from Copper City Road over into the Calico Mountains. I've done it from Newberry Springs to Calico to Cooper City and then back. Both are fun area's to ride just very different from one another.

No trail maps that I know of. Great place to ride with lots of fun/challenging stuff. You can ride from Copper City Road over into the Calico Mountains. I've done it from Newberry Springs to Calico to Cooper City and then back. Both are fun area's to ride just very different from one another.

Would the Copper City Road to Calico be a "family ride"?

How far?

:applause:

I don't have a map, but the riding there just may be some of the best you will find. If you like riding at Red Mountain, you'll love Copper City.

Just get away from the staging area and head for the hills. As you go up and down, through and around the hills, you'll find lots of true single track. There are a few soft spots, but there aren't very many rocks.

The hills aren't for newbies IMO, but they aren't too hard.

Its never crowded. I wish I could go with you.

We love riding around Red Mountain/Randsburg.

We're looking to try somewhere new.

I've been hearing good things about Copper City.

Would the Copper City Road to Calico be a "family ride"?

How far?

:applause:

It could be a family type of ride depending on what your families skill levels are. If everyone is at least a C/Novice level you could make it work. BTW Calico really isn't very friendly for a beginner lots of rocks. There are a couple of ways to interconnect the two area's with the easiest being using the wash that leads you into the front of Calico by the dry lake. My guess is that way it's about a ten mile ride maybe less.

Anyone have any GPS coordinates for a great camping spot off Copper City Road?

Did you ever get any good camping spots?

Edited by stencilpencil

Did you ever get any good camping spots?

That's a 9 year old post.....
  • Like 1

New doesn't have to mean slow... but it usually does. :facepalm:

That's not very nice Mr. Chalmers. ;)
  • Like 1

Has anyone been into the Barstow Bunny Ranch lately? How's the staff looking these days?

• Like 1

Yes... much has changed in 9 years... trails have disappeared by 1000s of miles...  much of this area is illegal to ride now... it is not something people talk about on public forums.  For maps to most legal trail riding areas in all Socal visit CTUC and buy whatever map you like.  They even have electronic maps now.

http://www.ctuc.info/ctuc/index.php/maps

does that change the answer to my question? i want to know if its still camp-able.

Good point, hopefully he will come on here and answer your question :thumbsup:

So since i dont want to wait another 9 years for him to answer can you possibly give me some advice on copper city road camping?

Since you don't know the area now I wouldn't recommend it unless you buy the trail map of the area so you know where it is legal and safe to stage, camp and ride.  Given the givens I'd recommend Cal City just up the road a bit.  Far less conflict... much less sensitive area... and no one is gonna be doggin you about yappin about it on a public forum.

Edited by Albert Chalmers

As far as "camp-able", the Cal City area of of 395 and Twenty Mule Team road has the most to offer. Riding to the North in the Rands or to the East in Freemont Peak.

• Like 2