Sign in to follow this  

what tracks are the best California in ?

I'm going to be going to California this summer (to see my bother graduate from boot camp) and were going to drive all the way down from Washington to south cal. the great part is i can bring my bike with me!

so what are some of the best motocross tacks in cal?

all be going to 2 tracks,

Any help would be great,

thanks--Paul

in Central Ca the Oatfield near Turlock and the Porterville track are good.

I took the boy down there a few years ago:thumbsup: That track had a great step up:worthy: Got rutted pretty good as the day went on:thumbsdn:,but there was a butt load of riders on a play day too.

Marysville has two great tracks too... E-street and Riverfront both owned by the same guy as of a month or two ago. He plans add RV hookups and you name it at River Front:eek:

Oatfiled does get rutted every day due to the type of soil. The trick is to be there when they open and get in free ride time before so many people are there and the ruts form. They then also change to controlled pratice with lots of people.

Marysville has two great tracks too... E-street and Riverfront both owned by the same guy as of a month or two ago. He plans add RV hookups and you name it at River Front:eek:

I hear he also plans to build a SX track there, of the level where the riders would need to show credentials to use it.:applause: As well as a bigger/better newfangled MX track

He's kind of a greedy sob, but I'll give him a chance if he's helping the sport to grow. You have to pay to play, right?

• Like 1

glen helen looks good

Coolest track in the nation. With the huge taledega turn and all the hillclimbs and elevation changes it doesn't get much more varied than Glen Helen

• Like 1

I hear he also plans to build a SX track there, of the level where the riders would need to show credentials to use it.:applause: As well as a bigger/better newfangled MX track

He's kind of a greedy sob, but I'll give him a chance if he's helping the sport to grow. You have to pay to play, right?

I hope he holds his word on not jackin up the prices too. I like the $15 night practice during the week.

• Like 1

How good of a rider are you? If you are pretty good or not afraid of fast guys you could go to perris raceway. glen helen,amago, cahuilla creek, or if you want a bunch if different tracks in one mx park you could go to elsinore.

• Like 1

How good of a rider are you? If you are pretty good or not afraid of fast guys you could go to perris raceway. glen helen,amago, cahuilla creek, or if you want a bunch if different tracks in one mx park you could go to elsinore.

i would say i'm better then %75 of riders out there and im not afraid of the fast guys.

i'm looking at vides of all these tracks on you tube and i think elsinore might be a done deal, what "different tracks" are there at elsinore?

lake elsinore is right near are motel. And it looks the best to me, so elsinore it is! thanks a lot guys.

just look at all thos tracks!

track_view_3.jpg

I assume you said for boot camp so I guess he will be a jarhead so if you are this far down south then Elsinore and Cahuilla Creek would be the best two spots. Glen Helen as well rounds out the top three. Cahuilla Creek is roughly 45 mins or so from where Elsinore is. Elsinore can get packed on the weekends but the weekdays are usually pretty decent there.

There really isn't much in San Diego county except for Amago and if you are driving all this way, I wouldn't recommend Amago. I like it for a quick Sunday morning ride but if I have more time I drive farther north to Elsinore or Cahuilla Creek.

• Like 1

I assume you said for boot camp so I guess he will be a jarhead so if you are this far down south then Elsinore and Cahuilla Creek would be the best two spots. Glen Helen as well rounds out the top three. Cahuilla Creek is roughly 45 mins or so from where Elsinore is. Elsinore can get packed on the weekends but the weekdays are usually pretty decent there.

There really isn't much in San Diego county except for Amago and if you are driving all this way, I wouldn't recommend Amago. I like it for a quick Sunday morning ride but if I have more time I drive farther north to Elsinore or Cahuilla Creek.

ya, he's going to be a jarhead, Elsinore is right along the way, it will work out perfect! and all go on the weekday.

and im giving all of you guys reputation.

Not to highjack your thread, but any tracks in so. cali good for beginers..?

How much of a beginner are you? If you have never ridden dirt at all such as no trails, desert, etc. then there are a few choices for beginners at Elsinore. I think one of the tracks in the back area is for absolute beginners regardless of bike size. There is also the vet track which isn't too bad if you have some MX track experience, no large jumps, mostly table tops but there tends to be some fast guys and kids out there on the vet track.

Amago is pretty low key and doesn't get crowded and the vet track there isn't bad. Pretty much they took a dozer up and down some of the hills and added in a few table tops. I have been hitting Amago on non-race weekends since I got my kid a 50 for Xmas and he so far has just been riding around the old kart track and hasn't taken to the dirt tracks for kids yet.

At both Amago and Elsinore there is plenty of open, flat space you can just ride around in as well but if you want just flat open space and you are in San Diego county, then I would recommend heading out to Plaster City West. Take the 8 east and when it drops down out of the mountains to the desert floor it is one of the first exits. It is an OHV area and lots of flat open space and you don't have to pay $20 like you would going to the MX tracks.