Sign in to follow this  

No helmet seems to fit my head.

It's said that when you put on a helmet, you shouldn't be able to rotate it on your head at all.

I try on motocross helmets at the shop, seems like I can get them to turn. Not with no effort, but I imagine the forces at work in a crash, much more than what I'm applying.

My head isn't round, it's long, narrow, tall, etc....

Anyone recommend a brand to try?

It's said that when you put on a helmet, you shouldn't be able to rotate it on your head at all.

I try on motocross helmets at the shop, seems like I can get them to turn. Not with no effort, but I imagine the forces at work in a crash, much more than what I'm applying.

My head isn't round, it's long, narrow, tall, etc....

Anyone recommend a brand to try?

This is not a new problem for many people.

The shop I spend far too much time in will just say to people, try as many helmets, of all makes as possible.

Don't worry about color or price, or even if you like the thing, just try them all on, in the end you will find one that screams buy me !!

And remember that helmet shape will vary from one design or model to another, of the same make.

Neil. :applause: :applause: :lol:

Don't worry about color or price, or even if you like the thing, just try them all on, in the end you will find one that screams buy me !!

Exactly! Just keep going out and tryin'. You'll find one.

Am I the only one who's thinking that a padded bra around the ears might be the solution here?

definatly a head issue and not a helmet issue:crazy: sorry im sure you can get i especially moulded but id hate to imagine the price, but whats your head worth in a smash:ride:

I would look at Arai Helmets. They are expensive but remember this is your brain that you are protecting. Whats more valuable than that? I am not sure if your looking for a dirt or street helmet, but i bought a Vector (Street Helmet) about a month ago. I am not posative but i am pretty sure that they are the only company that makes different interior shapes of helmets. I know the model i bought was designed for round heads. But they do make a model designed for oval heads. I beleive the street models are called the Quantum-2 and the Profile. They also have removable cheek inserts in different sizes to get a perfect fit. Hope that helps.

P.S. Any dealer selling Arai should know what they are talking about. I was fortunate enough to buy mine at the Detroit show and had the rep mesaure me up. Have them use the tape mesaure on your head and try some different thickness check inserts if they are available.