Sign in to follow this  

How Much Oil In Te250?

I just did my first oil change on the my TE....The manual says 1.8 quarts...after warm-up, I drained the the oil, including the paper filter and the two screens...afterwards, I put everything back together and dumped in 1.8 quarts...after starting and warm-up again....I went to check the level and it was gushing out of the check screw, it seemed like way too much.......Does anyone know the proper amount with all three filters being removed??? or is there something I am missing in this simple oil change?

The oil check bolt may be a bit lower than it is supposed to be - it is on my 2006 te250. If you get too much in (within reason) it simply blows a bunch of blue smoke out the tail pipe.

1.8L is a huge amount of oil compared to some other bikes.

Here is a copy of one of my recent posts, you may find it helpful,

it should be right for 04, 5, 6, models I dont think the 07 is any different

Re: How much oil in TE250?

:applause: There can be a bit of confusion when refering to Quarts as the US Quart is less than a UK quart

My book says 1.23imperial Quarts which is 1.4Litres but In the US this would be 1.48 US Quarts.

I don't like using metric but when dealing with an Italian translation it would be best to look at the french, German and Spanish for the metric equivalant because Litres are the same where ever you are! :applause:

If I do take out the screens I usually need to put in an extra 150cc making 1550cc total:ride:

1 1/2 quarts makes it easy so buy 3 quarts= 2 changes usually slightly over the check hole but fine Later George

according to silkolene its 1.4L under the 04 TC 250/450 http://www.ew2.lubesinfo.com/frameset.asp?sid=182&bid=54&sc=1182&langid=1 and i would put 1.3L as theres already a little bit oil in the motor, by the way i have over filled my bike and like coffee said it just blows a bit of blue smoke out the exhaust! just drain it out the check screw till its just about coming out, should be fine. Ricky

according to silkolene its 1.4L under the 04 TC 250/450 http://www.ew2.lubesinfo.com/frameset.asp?sid=182&bid=54&sc=1182&langid=1 and i would put 1.3L as theres already a little bit oil in the motor, by the way i have over filled my bike and like coffee said it just blows a bit of blue smoke out the exhaust! just drain it out the check screw till its just about coming out, should be fine. Ricky

1.4L? holy crap mine takes less than a liter before it comes out of the check hole

1.5 quarts seems to agree with mine. I think it fills just a bit above the fill hole - seems just right.

The manuals have different quantity's for pre 05=1.4 litre and post 05=1.7litre,yada yada yada,we have been over this at lest 3 times,the level

hole is the same hight in all models,the clutch cover is bigger on later models

so they take move oil,the sticker under the seat says,ect ect,its way to confusing for me.