Sign in to follow this  

JD jet kit needle question.

A few weeks ago I installed the JD jet kit, Yosh RS3, K&N filter, and did the 3x3. I used the red (warm weather) needle, 25 pilot, and 160 MJ. I used the needle clip position as suggested by the book for my elevation ( about sea level). I havent been able to get rid of a mild bog in the low to mid RPM using the fuel mixture screw. Could this be becuase I am using the warm weather needle and it hasnt been above 35 degrees here in NH yet? Im wondering how much of a difference there actually is between the two needles. Seems like a pain to switch them out if you ride in varying temperatures. Any ideas?

OK thanks, but will this setup work with warm temperatures too, or do I need to switch back to the red when it warms up?

The needles have different diameters to compensate for air density change between hot and cold. You will have to experiment to see if 1 needle will work for you in all conditioins. But it is intended that you change needles to compensate for big changes in air density (temp and altitude). What carb are you working with? Also, you may want to contact James Dean of JD Jetting.

I had the same question about 2 weeks ago, Eddie knows what he is talking about. I did what he said, front wheel comes up very easy now... thanks dude. But yeah, blue needle clip four 160 main works great. I might try going one size down on my main jet later just to play around. But just to be safe, the 160 is in right now. have fun dude.

:applause:

-Mikie

I have also a question... On me new 2010 outlaw i installed the jd jetting kit!.. i have it set on the green needle and the 2nd clip.. and my main jet it at 158..is that too lean? any suggestions?? Thanks

Yes im sorry its on the 4th clip..Um yeah unusual Huh? all ive ever heard is red and blue....

Might have something to do with the fact that this is the DRZ forum. I think you want the Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection forum.