Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop 739f

Anyone ever run these and what did you think about them? I mostly ride hard pack so I thought it would be a good tire for my riding. Thanks for the feedback ahead of time!!:applause:

Thanks for the feedback, but man is this dude the only one to use these tires?

Anyone ever run these and what did you think about them? I mostly ride hard pack so I thought it would be a good tire for my riding. Thanks for the feedback ahead of time!!:applause:

That's exactly what I thought when I tried them... Painfully I learned that Dunlop is about selling tires faster.. It's expensive... Won't last... Tore one up in 100 miles on my XR600R Thumper. When I contacted Dunlop about the ridiculous wear I was told nothing could be done because I didn't balance my wheels ! When was the last time you balanced your motorcycle tires ?

Luckily Cycle Gear stood up and exchanged them under their 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee !

Use only Maxxis Desert IT now on the rear. Better low speed & high speed traction... Less chunking... Less money... Lasts 500 to 700 miles depending on how hard I ride. And still has enough tread left that I give them away to my younger buds that need to save money.

Well, I used to run the d739 on both rear and front a couple of years ago; I rode in a combo. of sand and hard packed, and was pretty please with the traction. After I wore out the rear tire, I went to a d756 which is a great tire--I ended up changing my front tire as well because I bent the rim(the tire I changed it to was a maxxis intermediate/hard)---the combo. I have now is the best I have ever set up for what I like to ride. The d739 will do great for any mx track, but you have to look at other things that you may like to do---sand? enduros? what ever you may like.

For hardpack the 739FA-J is supposed to be a great improvement on the 739. Comes stock now on CRF & has some great opinions so far. The wear is reported to be fantastic.

For hardpack the 739FA-J is supposed to be a great improvement on the 739. Comes stock now on CRF & has some great opinions so far. The wear is reported to be fantastic.

Who exactly is reporting this besides Dunlop & Dunlop dealers & guys selling bikes with Dunlop tires & magazines that Dunlop advertises in & racers that get free Dunlop tires... LOL

Because after 27 years of dirt bike riding I have come to the conclusion that THAT is how companies get us to believe their products work... when in fact they don't. It's all hype. I even had a guy so convinced by the hype once tell me Dunlop was great and that I got all I should have gotten out of my 739 at 100 miles cause he can go through one in 60 miles... What an idiot !

As far as I am concerned I don't think Dunlop deserves any more chances every time they bring out a new tire to sucker us in again telling us that it gets more miles THIS TIME !

I'll stick with my Maxxis rears because I got the recommendation from guys that race and pay for their own tires. That's who I trust.

The 739 is a good tire for hard pack, but only in the 19 inch rear. Had an 18 inch on the back of my XR650R and tore it up quick. My buddies run them on their KTM 525sx and get great wear, they swear by them.

I have read here that the Keneda Carlsbad is a good tire, lasts, and gets lots of traction. anyone tried these? and they are $50 at rockymountain

Love my Kenda Carlsbad. Cheap price, but doesn't seem like a cheap tire.

It is hardpack here in AZ. I've always ran the 739 since they last longer than 756's. The 739 is being replaced though by the 745. I always hated the 739 front. I only have one ride so far on the 745's but they are night and day better than the 739. I don't know how they wear yet 2nd ride is tomorrow. On a side note and although different dirt the 745 is what they ran the entire west coast for supercross. Check them out.

The 739, on the front, is ok for hard pack but sucks for anything else.

How has the 745 worked out? I am considering them, I also would like to know if anyone has used the 742FA. I run 756 front and rear hear and they wear pretty fast free riding in the desert. Work great on all the prepped tracks but I am always looking for improvement.