Sign in to follow this  

Carbon Depost Removal

I did a search this and came with very little. One person suggested a wire wheel. Is this safe?

Are there any other good methods. I speaking specifically about the combustion chamber. Thanks in advance!

green scotch brite pad took carbon deposits rite off my cylynder head and made it shiney and new looking agian

a dremel with a fine brass brush attachment works just fine.
green scotch brite pad took carbon deposits rite off my cylynder head and made it shiney and new looking agian

Thanks to both of you. I think ill give it a try tomorrow.

But if you are wrong....:lol::applause: :applause: yea...im comin for ya.

:cry:

I did a search this and came with very little. One person suggested a wire wheel. Is this safe?

Are there any other good methods. I speaking specifically about the combustion chamber. Thanks in advance!

I use a small wire cup brush and my electric drill. Done tons of motors that way. Just don't press down too hard, or leave it in one spot too long & you'll be fine. I also have a smaller one that fits inside the exhaust valve opening and in the other side of the exhaust port. Get's it all out.

Well what works the best its an oil called marvel mystery oil. You can buy it almost anywhere and it works. Let your valves soak in this stuff for a little while and it comes right off. If you want it off the head just pour alittle in there and let it sit. It will flake right off.

Sweet. A bunch of good ideas. Now if someone does a search in the future...this thread will get them pointed in the right direction!

Thanks again everyone.

:applause:

Well what works the best its an oil called marvel mystery oil. You can buy it almost anywhere and it works. Let your valves soak in this stuff for a little while and it comes right off. If you want it off the head just pour alittle in there and let it sit. It will flake right off.

Hmm, interesting. Never thought of it like that!

Like sunruh said, a brass brush. Other metals will gouge into the metal.