Sign in to follow this  

Oil?

Right now I'm running 10W-40 Motorcycle four stroke oil. my question is should I run synthetic and can I run a basic 10W40 car oil as long as I change it every ride/every other ride?:applause:

NO car oil if it says energy conservitive.Read your owners manual.Dino or synthectic is fine.Change the dino more often,And if you change your oil real often like every other ride synthectic is a waste of money.I change my synthectic every 8hrs.

Yea definitely not car oil at all. I run into this question alot from customers. The car oil doesnt necessarily have certian properties that the motorcycle oils have in them. motorcycle oil are made to run i wet clutch systems and not cause slippage within the clutch. Car oils have been known to cause the clutch plates to slip. Whether you change it every ride or every other wouldnt matter much, once the oil has gotten onto the fibrous clutch plates. Also alot of motorcycle oils especially the good ones had agents added to help fight break down since the motorcycles run at a high RPM for a more constant period.

yea dnt use car oil...but if i were u i would run with full synthetic...u can or switch or change if ur not using it....

I use pennzoil outdoor motorcycle 10w40 when colder and when warmer 20w50, this stuff isn't that expensive, so change it every 3-4 hours, if you want more protection Amsoil makes a really good full synthetic motorcycle 10w40 (mcf) and a 20w50 (MCV)... Use the good oil, keep your bikes internal parts protected so you can do more riding and less fixing.