Cams and the auto decompressor...

So considering putting in a mildly meatier cam into the BRP, and while at it I would also like to ditch the auto decompressor, one less complexity to deal with not to mention making the valves easier to adjust. When you go about putting in the cam, what is the best way to yak all of the decomp parts while in there?

The decompression parts are as you know on the camshaft itself. You have two options.

1) remove the cam sprocketholder and then remove the decompression parts. The only problem is that you have to close the oil opening in the camshaft and press on the sprocket holder again.

2) Grind of (very carefully) the right hand side of the rockerarm which has contact with the camlob and actuates the decompression system. I left the part of the rockerarm that activates the backkick system in place. I did the same and it works perfectly. If you want to reinstall the system again you just replace the rockerarm.

The decompression parts are as you know on the camshaft itself. You have two options.

1) remove the cam sprocketholder and then remove the decompression parts. The only problem is that you have to close the oil opening in the camshaft and press on the sprocket holder again.

2) Grind of (very carefully) the right hand side of the rockerarm which has contact with the camlob and actuates the decompression system. I left the part of the rockerarm that activates the backkick system in place. I did the same and it works perfectly. If you want to reinstall the system again you just replace the rockerarm.

I have heard mention of some pin in and spring in the head itself that has to be removed, I just want rid of the autodecomp, I know how to kick a thumper and all it does is complicated valve adjustments and make noise.

Correct, if it is an after market one then its plug and play. You can then remove the pin and spring, that was for the decompression backkick system. This system opens the righthand valve when the engine rotates the wrong way when starting so you dont break your foot.