Sign in to follow this  

Anitfreeze coming from bottom of waterpump-?

Hello, installed a Athena 290 kit a few weeks back, and have been working on getting my bike jetted in correctly, when i had it on the stand changing jets i noticed the spoon full of antifreeze on many stand, i looked to see where it was coming from, and its the hole in the bottom of the water pump.. have no idea what its for, or if i should be concerned.. any info would be awsome, thanks..

Hello, installed a Athena 290 kit a few weeks back, and have been working on getting my bike jetted in correctly, when i had it on the stand changing jets i noticed the spoon full of antifreeze on many stand, i looked to see where it was coming from, and its the hole in the bottom of the water pump.. have no idea what its for, or if i should be concerned.. any info would be awsome, thanks..

Sounds like the seal for the water pump seal has failed, most likely due to either a bad bearing, or worn shaft.

Time to start wrenching, but it isn't a bad job to do.

hey thanks boss, got'er all tore apart, the shaft dose have a little wear and the outer seal looks a little rough, just going to replace it all and throw the boyesen cover and impeller on.. thanks again.

hey thanks boss, got'er all tore apart, the shaft dose have a little wear and the outer seal looks a little rough, just going to replace it all and throw the boyesen cover and impeller on.. thanks again.

You are doing the right thing :applause:

The OEM is almost the same as the Boyesen, I just did this las year on my 450.