Sign in to follow this  

how this look for a start?

well, i've been seeing this bike on ebay over and over again, and after selling my crf stocker, i've decided i just need a pitbike, its not a choice, it gives me something to do around the community while i cant make it to the track with the big bike. and i've decided i might like to race mini's now, at first i was looking into a 110, but im not 100% sure. decided to browse ebay and saw this bike again and was wondering what you guys thought of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROLLING-CHASSIS-FRAME-FOR-XR50-CRF50-HONDA-CRF-50-XR-50_W0QQitemZ220087461340QQihZ012QQcategoryZ35585QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it says it comes with plastics, so im assuming seat and tank too? im going to ask him if he can do 950 shipped? i think it looks good, considering its pretty much and rcm, not a big fan of the frame, look cheap but will work until i snap it if i do. but do you guys think this would be a good start. ill be planning on dropping a gpx in, and get the local engine tech. to see if he can bore it out to a 160?

also, how does a stock gpx compare to a tb 88? will the 88 stomp all over it or not, if so i might just get a stock honda and try getting a tb 108

I would sell the 50 and use the extra money you would have from buying that frame and get a 110. That will be about 1500, so you should have at least a couple hundred to put into a 110, You could either get springs front and back for about 150 or get older rm 80 forks with about 8-10 inches of travel for around 100 and a swingarm, they are a couple hundred. its your choice but I would go the 110 route.

yea, i was looking at a 110, and thought why not. its just that everything a/m for them is so $$$$. if i get a 110 i can get my hands on my kx65 forks no problem, but i dont have anything for the rear and the bigminis rear is around up there $$$ wise.

Why not just put a little more with it and buy an X4 ?

yea, i was looking at the x4 too. at 1600 $$ range, it didnt look to bad, but what sos great about it? is it a 110 sized chassis that runs a 50 motor? does it or does it not accept 110 parts?

I would sell the 50 and use the extra money you would have from buying that frame and get a 110. That will be about 1500, so you should have at least a couple hundred to put into a 110, You could either get springs front and back for about 150 or get older rm 80 forks with about 8-10 inches of travel for around 100 and a swingarm, they are a couple hundred. its your choice but I would go the 110 route.

I agree.The 110 handles so much better than a crf 50 because of the frame geometry, how the 70 is another story (I build a 70 if a had the money). As for that frame... I would stay far from it. Its a no name brand and I wouldn't trust it, especially after the motovert incident. Aluminum is a dangerous metal if it is not handled and treated poperly which can make it very weak. DOn't do it man. Oh i just saw eight little washers spacing the swingarm on the chassis. SKETCHY!!!

I agree.The 110 handles so much better than a crf 50 because of the frame geometry, how the 70 is another story (I build a 70 if a had the money). As for that frame... I would stay far from it. Its a no name brand and I wouldn't trust it, especially after the motovert incident. Aluminum is a dangerous metal if it is not handled and treated poperly which can make it very weak. DOn't do it man. Oh i just saw eight little washers spacing the swingarm on the chassis. SKETCHY!!!

Wow, that's alot of washers, I just looked at the photo also.

I've seen the need for maybe 1steel or a couple of paper thin nylon washers on a worn swing arm/frame but 8 steel washers? Looks like the swingarm was pieced together with the frame. :applause: Interesting but I'd pass.

yea, i was looking at the x4 too. at 1600 $$ range, it didnt look to bad, but what sos great about it? is it a 110 sized chassis that runs a 50 motor? does it or does it not accept 110 parts?

search is your best friend on this question, its been asked 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 times.

also, how does a stock gpx compare to a tb 88? will the 88 stomp all over it or not, if so i might just get a stock honda and try getting a tb 108

Well i got a friend with an 88kit and it is so slow compared to my stock gpx. Maybe it is just that I got a clutch to grab and launch with.

Go with whats going to be more fun for you. If you got deep pockets or you are racing then buy the best bike. I bought a china bike and I have only broke a hub. I flat landed a jump from just over 17 feet high.

Do not buy from this guy on Ebay. I bought One of these frames In Dec. and never recieved all the pieces to the frame.