Sign in to follow this  

New throttle cables and clarke tank, not too smooth..

I got a clarke 3.2gal, and some new motion pro throttle cables...

prob is, when I mount the tank, the cables arent as smooth, the throttle doesnt snap back and return.. , there is some friction.. I am thinkn its because that extra sleeve that is on the motion pro cables.. its like when the tank is mounted, its squeezin the cables together.. I have been messing with it for an hour or so... cant find the right placemnt of the cables...

I am thinkn about cutting that extra sleeve off the cables, to make them stock Diameter... any pointers?? thanks!

it is your throttle housing----i just did the same thing you did tonight!!!!i installed my clarke tank i got from ebay for90 bucks and some new t2 motion pro cables----before i had stock cables when i mounted the tank to check fitment---took it off and installed the t2's and remounted the clarke----same resistance it had before the new cables and then i totally cleaned out the throttle housing and used triflow inside it----a little better but not like my 07's----oh well it's tolerable----- using my wrist as the return to closed throttle has been my option for the past two years

throttle housing, that is up on the handlebar right?? where the cables go int and wrap around the throttle tube... with the white plastic piece... but I just cleaned that when I instaled my cables and throttle tube...

I used white lithium spray grease in there... what is tri flow??

are u saying I wont have a snappy throttle return anymore because of the new tank?? man that sucks..

dude grease is a no no----that will tack up bigtime----take it back apart and clean it with soap and water----then go get some triflow----it is basically a lubricant similiar to wd but has teflon in it-----google it-----tri flow

dude grease is a no no----that will tack up bigtime----take it back apart and clean it with soap and water----then go get some triflow----it is basically a lubricant similiar to wd but has teflon in it-----google it-----tri flow

Cool thanks.. I will clean that shiznit... :applause:

thanks CRF CRFX, i got it... cleaned that out, shot some lube in there..messed with it for a bit and Its snaps back again... just still has a bit of friction when the wheel is turned hard right...

did u have any problem with the top bolt by the gas cap not lining up?? I also had to go get longer bolts and some nylon spacers. to get the shroud and the rad to bolt up, but I am running Devol gurds, so that might be why..

The tank should have come with a longer bolt and the spacer. Put a big washer on the bolt befor installing. The rubber gromet will pop out if it is not held in correctely. I lost the rubber romet a long tome ago and have not put anything back in. It is still there. Also watch the throttle cabels so they dont get in the way of the tank it it does move in a crash.:applause: