Sign in to follow this  

help with edelbrock quicksilver

bought a yzf426 it has a quicksilver on it I know nothing about how to adjust it and previous owner has no book on it. bike is popping when letting off the throttle and seems sluggish almost pauses first when getting on it. not sure which way to turn red knob, richer or lean and which way do you go.Or is there some other adjustment I havent read about. called edelbrock said they would email me paperwork because it is now discontinued but received nada. Please help its my first bike and not sure what to do. thanks:banghead:

You need the paperwork/booklet on the carb. I would not be able to get it to you for 2 weeks.

In a nutshell - do you have an adjuster at the top of the carb? If so, you have to have the bike off (not running), open the throttle all the way and hold it open and then push the knob on the top of the carb in until you feel it seat in the groove atop the needle. Clockwise is richer. CCW is leaner. Since you are popping, I suspect you need to go richer. You may have to change to a different needle.

There is also a screw on the left side of the carb. This changes the amount of accelerator pump squirt. I can't reember which way to turn it.

If you have trouble getting the booklet, call Edelbrock motorcycle tech service in Cali. They are very helpful.

Sorry for the limited help but you really need to get the manual.

Stu