Sign in to follow this  

Talahina Oklahoma

My son says he wants to cruise down to the Ouchita Forrest around Talahina for spring break to do some riding. We have never been there before and any suggestions are appreciated. We are going to motel it at Talihina. From the research I have done it appears that there is at least one trailhead at the Talahina State Park. Any other trails in the vicinity?

Haha, not me. I've got the baby for the weekend while the wife is in Dallas. When is spring break?

Spring break is the 17th thru 25th. We are going down on the 22nd and coming back on the 24th. Should be enough time to see what the area has to offer. Hope the weather is good.

Its excellent. There are several trails that are single track and rocky as Colorado. There is also a bunch of two track and roads. You would do well to have a guide or GPS. I have been there twice and have not seen half of it. I do have some maps on my topo zone program and could give you a good starting point and direction to travel from the camp ground. The trails all start at the campground. We were not crazy about where we camped, it was too close to the highway.