Sign in to follow this  

Rebuild time

Hey all.

Time to renew the 05 CRF.

Planning on a 07 Head, OEM Valves etc and new Cam chain.

This is my first four stroke rebuild and was just wondering if anyone has a list of specific parts and or part numbers I May need.

Also can I keep using the 05 Cam with the 07 head ??

Cheers

Hey all.

Time to renew the 05 CRF.

Planning on a 07 Head, OEM Valves etc and new Cam chain.

This is my first four stroke rebuild and was just wondering if anyone has a list of specific parts and or part numbers I May need.

Also can I keep using the 05 Cam with the 07 head ??

Cheers

Theres really no need to rebuild the topend if the valves are in spec. I would definitely replace the piston though. It also wouldnt hurt to get the valve seats recut and new springs, seals, and retainers. If you want to rebuild it anyways you will need the 07 head assembly, valve seals, valves, valve springs, retainers, a camchain, and a piston, wrist pin, rings, and head and base gasket. There are other options other than oem such as factionmx.com they have an intake kit that includes the intake retainers, springs, and stainless steel valves for around 150. These should last a lot longer than the oem intakes. And yes you can use your 05 cam with the 07 head. Also you should probably replace the cam chain tensioner, preferebly with a manual one, because the automatic ones that come oem have been known to fail wmr1.com has a manual CCT. The TT store also has one for under 50 bucks shipped :applause:

Cheers for the info weatherman.

Heres a list of parts I thought I may need. (the valves have gone out of spec)

Let me know if im missing anything.

Also you think that SS Valve setup is good value ?

CYLINDER HEAD ASSembly

GUIDE, VALVE (OS) X2

GUIDE, EX. VALVE(OS) X2

GASKET CYLINDER Head

GASKET, Valve COVER

RING SET, PISTON (STD)

PISTON

PIN, PISTON

CLIP, PISTON PIN X2

SEAL, VALVE STEM (NOK) X4

VALVE, IN. X2

VALVE, EX. X2

SPRING, IN. VALVE X2

SPRING, EX. VALVE X2

SEAT, VALVE SPRING X4

CHAIN, CAM

GUIDE, CAM CHAIN

TENSIONER, CAM CHAIN

Regards:worthy:

Cheers for the info weatherman.

Heres a list of parts I thought I may need. (the valves have gone out of spec)

Let me know if im missing anything.

Also you think that SS Valve setup is good value ?

CYLINDER HEAD ASSembly

GUIDE, VALVE (OS) X2

GUIDE, EX. VALVE(OS) X2

GASKET CYLINDER Head

GASKET, Valve COVER

RING SET, PISTON (STD)

PISTON

PIN, PISTON

CLIP, PISTON PIN X2

SEAL, VALVE STEM (NOK) X4

VALVE, IN. X2

VALVE, EX. X2

SPRING, IN. VALVE X2

SPRING, EX. VALVE X2

SEAT, VALVE SPRING X4

CHAIN, CAM

GUIDE, CAM CHAIN

TENSIONER, CAM CHAIN

Regards:worthy:

looks good. You did forget the retainers though. Also i wouldnt replace it with a honda tensioner... I dont think the cam chain guide is neccesary but i might be wrong. But i would deffinately go with the SS intake kit from factionmx....

Just to throw out another option, you buy the CV4 guides and seats for 160 bucks and send them to mxtime to get them installed...

looks good. You did forget the retainers though. Also i wouldnt replace it with a honda tensioner... I dont think the cam chain guide is neccesary but i might be wrong. But i would deffinately go with the SS intake kit from factionmx....

Just to throw out another option, you buy the CV4 guides and seats for 160 bucks and send them to mxtime to get them installed...

I dont know how much international shipping is... but I wouldn't think he would want to send his stuff halfway around the world just to save a few bucks on labor. :applause:

valve guides come installed on a new head assembly, unless you just want to replace them.:applause: