Sign in to follow this  

Accurate calories burned chart

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reliable/accurate calories burned chart.

I just put all of my numbers into this one (http://www.healthstatus.com/cbc.html) and it says I am burning close to 4000 calories a day. While this MIGHT be right, I want to know if anyone else knows of a better counter.

The bulk of that number came from the 20 miles I try to cycle every day (when I'm not cramming for tests).

Thanks for the help, I'm trying to get into better shape... and it seems I'm headed in the right direction. I have always been one who eats for comfort and am working hard on changing that. I'm hoping that if I continue to be active and eat better I will be down to an "ideal" body weight by this summer. I'm not severely overweight, but could always be in better shape.

Road biking will burn a lot of calories. It might be close. What is your average speed?

Same deal as me man. Good luck!

Last year I started riding the bicycle on days I couldn't moto and wondered about the same thing. Then I went out and bought a Polar Heart Rate Monitor that you input your age, weight and height into and it computes your calories burned for each workout. Once you start using it you'll be hooked, the more I can track my workouts the more motivated I am. The monitor will also set up your "ideal heart rate zones" and tally your weekly totals. The things pretty simple to set-up and we'll worth the money.

I'm 35 years old, weigh 225 lbs, ride approx: 24-26 miles in about 2 hours (80-100 degree weather) and usually burn around 1500 calories with an average heart rate of 140 bpm.

hope that helps

dg636 :applause: