Sign in to follow this  

My first real ride

So today I took my Pitster Pro X2R out for my first desert ride. This small area we ride has many single track trails and a small track with a couple burms and small jumps.

Keep in mind this is my first pitbike. Over all my first impression is my Butt, and hips hurt man. Im 42, OUCH! The crunched position on a mini is not to convertible is it. I first suited up with all my gear boots included and soon realized, boots just don’t work on a mini. I now know exactly what you guys were talking about in my tread titled “Has everyone gotten stupid” SORRY! I get it now. So maybe I will get some stompers or some work boots or something. After getting a feel for the bike a gradually got more aggressive with it and was pleasantly surprised how it took everything I threw at it. Its fun to ride but really hard on my old bones man! A REAL stiff ride!! You really feel all the bumps and the suspension doesn’t really soak up the jumps. Well I guess it dose but you feel it a lot more. I really like how you can throw it around. My son and I rode for about 3 hrs or so. And about then I started dreaming of my CRF250X, what a nice ride! Overall I now get why a pit bike is called a pit bike. For the simple reason there not made for pleasure riding. Just goofin around for a while type of thing. I don’t think I could ride this thing for more that a few hrs. Man I hope my wife likes this thing. I actually bought it for her so when we take the kids out.

As far as the bike goes I would like to soften up the suspension a bit. What do you guys recommend?

The motor on this thing is really sweet. Good snap, torque when you need it and it really halls butt for such a little thing.

The BREAKS SUCK! After this break in ride they are STILL the same. They still have major drag in them. I must say this is the worst thing about the bike. Im getting frustrated with this. When riding you can feel the drag as the bike slows down.

Over all I like the bike for what it is. But I hesitate and think for what I paid maybe, just maybe I should have gotten another KLX 110. BUT then I would have had to spend a lot more $$ mod it out.

One of the big deciding factors will be how my wife feels about it. I will keep you guys posted. Till then I look forward to my next ride on my CRF. OUCH!

So today I took my Pitster Pro X2R out for my first desert ride. This small area we ride has many single track trails and a small track with a couple burms and small jumps.

Keep in mind this is my first pitbike. Over all my first impression is my Butt, and hips hurt man. Im 42, OUCH! The crunched position on a mini is not to convertible is it. I first suited up with all my gear boots included and soon realized, boots just don’t work on a mini. I now know exactly what you guys were talking about in my tread titled “Has everyone gotten stupid” SORRY! I get it now. So maybe I will get some stompers or some work boots or something. After getting a feel for the bike a gradually got more aggressive with it and was pleasantly surprised how it took everything I threw at it. Its fun to ride but really hard on my old bones man! A REAL stiff ride!! You really feel all the bumps and the suspension doesn’t really soak up the jumps. Well I guess it dose but you feel it a lot more. I really like how you can throw it around. My son and I rode for about 3 hrs or so. And about then I started dreaming of my CRF250X, what a nice ride! Overall I now get why a pit bike is called a pit bike. For the simple reason there not made for pleasure riding. Just goofin around for a while type of thing. I don’t think I could ride this thing for more that a few hrs. Man I hope my wife likes this thing. I actually bought it for her so when we take the kids out.

As far as the bike goes I would like to soften up the suspension a bit. What do you guys recommend?

The motor on this thing is really sweet. Good snap, torque when you need it and it really halls butt for such a little thing.

The BREAKS SUCK! After this break in ride they are STILL the same. They still have major drag in them. I must say this is the worst thing about the bike. Im getting frustrated with this. When riding you can feel the drag as the bike slows down.

Over all I like the bike for what it is. But I hesitate and think for what I paid maybe, just maybe I should have gotten another KLX 110. BUT then I would have had to spend a lot more $$ mod it out.

One of the big deciding factors will be how my wife feels about it. I will keep you guys posted. Till then I look forward to my next ride on my CRF. OUCH!

I am really glad I read your comments. I was thingking to buying a pister to knock around also but after reading how uncomfortable they are and your brake problems and so many fork problems maybe I will just buy another klx or drz110 also. Maybe pisters should be priced cheaper seeing all the problems they have with brakes and bad parts. I have spent alot of hours reading here and people are just having too many problems with those pitsters and other knock offs. When someobdy complains about the might pitster everyone freaks out and starts raving about wonderful customer support. Customer support isnt worth crap if the bike is inferior. Even a used klx would probably fair better in resale than a pister that was only ridden once or twice. In some of the threads I've never seen such a lack of self control from adults. Anyhoo thanks again and maybe you can sell that pister to somebody here thats soo crazy about them.

Not trying to jump on the Pitster bandwagon here, but it is not really a fair shake to compare the X2 to a 110, as the x2 is a 50 sized bike. The peg to seat distance is about 2-3 inches shorter on a stock x2 vs. a modded 110 thus making it not as comfortable. I understand on the brake issue, but there are fixes to it, just some easy common sense stuff.

Everyone has an opinion, but for what you get per dollar the Pister is a really nice bike, and worth the money. Try and see what else you get for the same price!!!

The KLX does have a higher re-sale value, that is correct, but try seeing how much you can sell one for or a 50 for that matter once it has been modded, then compare that to how much it took to get it that way.

AS far as the suspension goes, there are some things you can do, but if you are used to riding the 250x then you need to remember that smaller wheels to not roll as well over bumps as the larger ones.

I’m not at all bashing the bike I think it’s a great bike for the money and realize the differences between the 110 and the X2. I can imagine what the $ would be to mod a 110. After knowing how it rides I would just limit my ride time on it, basically play riding. We took it out today and the wife rode it, I’m relived to say she liked it, had a lot of fun so I think little PP is now officially part of our family.