Sign in to follow this  

Help choosing the right pit bike

i dont want to spend over $1000 dollars for one, ive been looking at the orion pit bikes they seem pretty nice. But i was wondering where do i get replacment parts for these bikes in the united states??:applause:

I would recommend an ssr bike from outlaw. They are good bikes and have been around for awhile plus you can get parts for them pretty easy.

www.outlawpowersports.com has a wide selection of bikes to choose from.

I would recommend an ssr bike from outlaw. They are good bikes and have been around for awhile plus you can get parts for them pretty easy.

www.outlawpowersports.com has a wide selection of bikes to choose from.

A used klx110 or honda fiddy would be better. I used to have a sikk and it fell apart on me. I called the guy jimmy who owns the place and he swears that the motor is made in taiwan. My tranny just blew apart and almost got me killed! Magik I hope your sikk isn't giving you trouble and that's why you are getting rid of it.

i got the ssr 125 c3 and i love did a few mods throttle ,peg mounts , rear shock and its just awsome and i jump it and im 200 lbz . i got it shipped to my door with free graphics for $879.00 from *****************.com . i love her.

i got the ssr 125 c3 and i love did a few mods throttle ,peg mounts , rear shock and its just awsome and i jump it and im 200 lbz . i got it shipped to my door with free graphics for $879.00 from *****************.com . i love her.

Congrats and please post back after you have some hours racked up on it. :applause:

We have had a few tranny problems also with the Sikk bikes, that feature the new motor from Taiwan. We have had very good succes with the SSR motors. We have had to warranty one 107cc Zongshen motor out of a SR110-DX, over the past 3 years of selling the SSR. Hoss has the first issue, that we personally, have dealt with on a stock GPX motor.

We have had a few tranny problems also with the Sikk bikes, that feature the new motor from Taiwan. We have had very good succes with the SSR motors. We have had to warranty one 107cc Zongshen motor out of a SR110-DX, over the past 3 years of selling the SSR. Hoss has the first issue, that we personally, have dealt with on a stock GPX motor.

Man Nate, I hope people dont take that the wrong way. Almost makes it look like I kicked the hell out of it or something and broke it. :applause:

No I didn't fudge it up, it was that way from the factory. I'm not the kick happy type.

Man Nate, I hope people dont take that the wrong way. Almost makes it look like I kicked the hell out of it or something and broke it. :lol:

No I didn't fudge it up, it was that way from the factory. I'm not the kick happy type.

Well I hope no one does take it the wrong way either, but seems like someone already has.

It was a general comment about issues we have experienced. It in no way was pointing fingers at you. So, don't take it that way. I only referenced your name to save anyone from having to post "Well what about Hoss's motor".

:applause:

you have bad luck with motorcycles and parts hossmeister.

i love my ssr, i would have spent so much more money on a xr50 to get it to where i am now with my 110-a1. im so happy with my purchase:ride:

you have bad luck with motorcycles and parts hossmeister.

Out of the 8 bikes I own only one has problems. (Come on man, can't we leave this alone already???)

-2001 drz400e

-2000 drz400e

-2k6 honda trx250ex

-2k6 honda recon

-2k5 pitster speed mini

-pitster x2r <----------------

-92 honda z50

-2k4 honda crf50

Well I hope no one does take it the wrong way either, but seems like someone already has.

It was a general comment about issues we have experienced. It in no way was pointing fingers at you. So, don't take it that way. I only referenced your name to save anyone from having to post "Well what about Hoss's motor".

:applause:

Ok Nate, btw thanks twitchy. Honestly, right now, I don't even want to hear about bad luck with my new x2r, this is giving me a headache.

Actually, twitchymeister, lol, I ride my honda crf50 daily, I've already logged some decent hours on it without a problem. Far as I'm concerned it's a killer wheelie machine and is the easiest bike to ride them on. :lol: who would have thought a semi-auto could be so fun!

Sorry for getting sidetracked, now back to the thread topic guys...

i say go for ssr c4 its like 1100 shipped but i been reading alot on them and the orions because i was where u where looking for a bike dude go for ssr.. like they say u get what u pay for...plus the orion dont even look like pit bikes they look like 65 they are big and i here more prob with the orion them ssr well hope this helps

A used klx110 or honda fiddy would be better. I used to have a sikk and it fell apart on me. I called the guy jimmy who owns the place and he swears that the motor is made in taiwan. My tranny just blew apart and almost got me killed! Magik I hope your sikk isn't giving you trouble and that's why you are getting rid of it.

hey meaty, never said sikk were the best in fact I don't think I even mentioned here. Yes they have tranny issues (that is a known fact) but it was my wife's bike and she railed that thing. And yes I had to maintain it at first but it ran perfect 5 out of 6 times out to the track.

I got pitsters meaty but this guy wants a decent bike for a G and ssr would be a good solution to his problem. or drop another $600 and get an pitster 125x4

P.S.

Has the ice melted yet so you can start riding?

if you get the ssr c-4 for $1100 your gonna have to buy footpeg mounts bars and levers wich put's you at around $1400 u could get an x2 for that and have a way better bike! the thing about the $1100 and under bikes is....replacing this stuff is usually standard.so if you only have $1000 to spend you might look at bikes in the $800 dollar range.