2000/2001 S owners: cartridge fork sale

Just saw these on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARTRIDGE-FORKS-FOR-SUZUKI-DRZ-400-400E-400S-DRZ400_W0QQitemZ330092817878QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

The BuyItNow price isn't bad. Closer to $300 with shipping. If you want to turn your 2000 or 2001 S into a truly offroad worthy machine, this is what you're looking for.

Well, a new shock too....but you gotta start somewhere.

Thanks for the links Harry.

I have an '01 S and bought a set of '03 E forks from Flagman here on TT :applause: but now I am looking for a shock,I remember a thread a while back about which year shocks were the best but can't find the thread. are all the shocks except the '00 & '01s the same or are some better than others. I thought I remember the '03 and up being a better shock. if I'm going to upgrade I want the best shock I can find

thanks

M

I'll blame the fact that someone pressed the 'Buy it Now' on Harry
Please do! :applause:

There's a DRZ shock on sale, don't have the link. The year and model of the bike it came off of isn't mentioned in the ad. I asked the seller. It's from a 2000 S. Don't buy that one.

• 1 year later...
are all e model forks the same?

Yes. And all S model forks from 2002 and on are the same as all E model forks.

So if your S is a 2002+ model, you don't want to/need to upgrade the forks from another DRZ.

(It's really weird when these old threads turn up and I get a glimpse into a totally forgotten hour of posting from well over a year ago. AND I get to feel bad about ilsrwy27 not getting those forks he wanted all over again!)

I was following that 2005 fork auction from day one!!!

Yeah, it always pisses me off when people post items on here that I'm looking to snipe as well. It happened a few times quite awhile back when I was looking at FCR carbs.

I do not eBay often anymore, but I did snipe a set of rad shrouds the other day.