Sign in to follow this  

Trials Folks are "OK!"

Rather interesting couple of Days...................

Tried to get my Sherco registered and got the run-around at the first DMV.

I was surprised they did'nt put thier finger in the Tailpipe and tell me to honk the Horn!!!!!

Would have had better luck showing up with the Starship Enterprise or a Renault "Le Car".

anyway.................

Ended up caling RYP and spoke to Ryan (ya, THAT Ryan) totally cool and no BS, that was a pleasure!

Since I am in "Kalifornistan" and the DMV regs are pretty nutty, Ryan suggested I call Lewisport since they are in CA as well.........

Well, I may be new at this but any reason to call Lewisport is fine with me and geez, as long as I was on he Phone, might as well order something, right?

In any case Mandy was as helpful as she could have possibly been and very apologetic about not having a guaranteed "work around" on California Registration. She did suggest perhaps going to a different DMV to see if they would be more helpful...............

Great Idea! In and out in 20 Minutes, got it Registered!!!!

So far I must say that everyone that I have met or dealt with has been VERY cool and helpful.

I am looking forward to seeing the Event this Weekend in Lucerne.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Please explain to us in the other 49 states what registration in CA involves. In Illinois for a new motorcycle, the dealer handles registration. For a used dirtbike, the seller signs the title, and the buyer is supposed to mail it in and get it transfered. For a used streetbike, it's the same, except the buyer must get it transfered to get plates.

In highly taxed New York state we have to register but they give us nothing for our money I tried to go on the NYS motor vehicals website and I get nothing but the run around . I wrote them an e mail and the gave me the run around

There are no state trails That I know of to ride on I asked them to mail me trail maps and locations of trails ,or at least tell me what they are doing with our money . I have recieved no answers yet .

NYS sucks ...

tommorro I go to the DMV to register my street bike .Im gonna ask them for a phone number to call Im sure Ill get the run around on the phone too .

The roads are shitty here too all our tax money goes to liberal causes that are generally killing this whole country

No one speaks out for the working famliy man ....!! Just pay up SUCKER ! :applause:

Getting a new dirt bike registered is cake because the dealer takes care of it at most larger dealerships.

On the other hand, getting a used bike dirt bike registered in CA, one that does not have current plates or stickers, is simply luck of the draw when it comes to the teller at DMV that helps you. I have had great service there and then I have also wanted to shoot the idiot behind the counter on other trips.

It appears that there are no set rules (or at least ones that they follow) to register a dirt bike. I had one idiot at DMV tell me that I had to have both a license plate and green sticker (off road registration sticker) on my TLR200 if I planned on using it in the dirt and on the street (which is totally incorrect by the way, I am a cop and I know the registration laws). I ignored the moron and only registered it with a street plate. Later, I removed all the street gear as I was using it for off road only, but just to avoid going to DMV and all the related hassles, I just kept the plate and never green stickered it.

I have not dealt with the DMV in any other states, but I have a hard time believing they could be as bad as ours. I think we hire the people that can't make it at a fast food job :applause: