Sign in to follow this  

Kouba link

Any body run a kouba link on their 06-07 kxf250?I put one on my sons bike and the shock spring is rubbing on the swing arm cutting a little half moon grove in the cross bar on the swing arm next to the spring.I'm wondering if it's just gonna cut away what it needs to not rub any more or is it gonna damage my swing arm.

How thick is the aluminum back there at the cross arm?Am I gonna cut all the way through?

Thanks

TWS

Hey How is the hadling? Only other link i've seen is the PC one for 184.. I have the full linkage system for my 05 and love it. I was thinking about getting the pc for my 07 but hell if this kouba is good I may try it.

Hey, I just read this on kaubas site.. maybe you got the wrong arm..

We have longer links available to lower the rear of the KXF450 1 3/4". These are listed on our order form. We do not recommend them for the KXF250 as they will lower the rear too much and cause rubbing and geometry problems.

Yeah,I double checked the part number it's the kxf3,which is the right one.I got an email over to Norm at kouba,but I think he's out of town.The link is a great product,I also have one on my honda with zero problems.I have a feeling once it rubs away what it needs it will be fine.It might be done rubbing now.I colored the area it's rubbing with a marker.If the marker continues to rub off I will just keep an eye on it.

As far as the link goes,it does the same thing the pc link does for half the price,just need to figure out this rubbing thing.

how much does the PC lower the rear? and does the kouba just lower or does it affect the progressiveness of the rear?

can you post pictures of that install and the rubbing on your bike?

I'd rather not have any rubbing on my bike.. Not that it will affect something but I'd rather not have any stresspoints that could cause something to break on a cased landing or something of that nature..

I'm not sure.. I don't have one on my 07..

plus I have a full setup on my 05 thats the arm and the pivot point.. so it's not realy comparable with the 07.

according to PC thier linkage arm for the 07 is 131.5mm