Sign in to follow this  

What kind of shop could stitch me a seat cover?

I want to get a black seat cover for my 96 xr100 and I havent been able to find one alreadyh made so I figured Id have to send my seat to a shop around me and have them make one. I dont know what kind of shop to look for. Upholstery shop? Is there a special material they should use? Maybe a gripper material. PLease help me! Thanks

If you buy a seat cover the roughly the same size ( or a little bigger ) you might be able to stretch it over your seat or maybe you can get your hands on some seat material and make / shape your own:thumbsup:

There is a guy that sells them on ebay sometimes. I have taken other seat covers and turned them around backwards and made them work on that era seat. The gripper type stretch a little easier.

So what other bike seats might work? Ive seen xr200's Those seats loook similar. Wouldnt a seat that is a different shape or size wrinkle when put on the smaller boxier 96 100 seat?

Thanks! I wasnt sure if the 91-95 seat covers were the same as the 96+ since they were different part numbers on BikeBandit.

I must have not been looking very well. I found a guy's store on ebay that sells all black gripper seat covers for 93-01. xr80/100. I thought the seat were restyled in 01?

Thanks! I wasnt sure if the 91-95 seat covers were the same as the 96+ since they were different part numbers on BikeBandit.

I think shape was the same, just not the color.