Sign in to follow this  

drz-sm clutch upgrade.

clutch replacement, what to get.. i'm really hard on my clutch and know i could get better performance and longevity from an aftermarket setup... do i just need a beefy basket(barnett) and a decent clutch kit? please advise..

thanks in advance...

Keep the stock basket and plates until the stock basket starts to become loose and pounds out the pockets where the torsional springs reside, then choose a basket manufacturer that has good customer service if you want an aftermarket one. Hinson has bad customer service IMHO. If you want more grab, order the aftermarket spring kit. The factort plates are unmatched in performance. I've went through the stock basket, a Hinson and a Moose, and DP plates. The stock basket lasted the longest of the three. The factory plates are better than anything you can buy. If I had to do it all over again, I would order a factory basket and plates to replace the factory one and not fool around with that aftermarket garbage. Get the springs though, they will help it grab a little better, but lever tension will be greater. Hope this helps.:applause: vanram

• Like 1

talked to a few people... picked up a barnett kevlar kit.. i'll see how i like it.