Sign in to follow this  

ssrc4 or orion29

ya i was looking to buy one of these bikes and i would like to no what bike would be best i am not trying to ride hardcore and i am not raceing or anything i just would like to have i bike where i can jump like 10 or smaller foot ramps race it around in the woods have fun just trying to have a nice bike with a good price the ssrc4 is $1100 and the orion29 is $895

ya i was looking to buy one of these bikes and i would like to no what bike would be best i am not trying to ride hardcore and i am not raceing or anything i just would like to have i bike where i can jump like 10 or smaller foot ramps race it around in the woods have fun just trying to have a nice bike with a good price the ssrc4 is $1100 and the orion29 is $895

The c4 is a solid bike.Good frame,decient motor,decient suspension a good all a round bike.The c4 can take a pounding with no problems.The orion don't look to be a bad bike but I would question the frame.If the frame on the orion is durable it would probibly be a ok bike.Sorry don't know much about the orion.The c4 is a great little bike I have rode a few and have liked them.If you get one change out the controlls to some quality ones and your good to go.I would get the c4 over the orion just becouse I know what the c4 is and don't know much about orion's bikes.Good luck and:ride:

I would have to say Orion 29 but in all fairness I have never ridden the c4. What I can tell you is we race the Orion 29 and have had really good results. For the price you can not get a better pitbike. Other than the axle upgrade on the rear ( stock rear will bend on hard landings) we have not had any problems at all...nothing. If you are going to race it I would replace the stock chain with an aftermarket rk or did.

What do you upgrade the rear axle to? Doesnt this require changing the rear bearings as well? What did you change to?

Don't know anything about apollo but I bought four 29s from www.orionpitbikesales.com and the customer service was great. I dealt with Jason. He even told me about the rear axel worry without me asking and sent me new rear axels free of charge. I would recommend them.

glad you guys like the 29. i have sold a couple pallets of them locally at various races and am still working on the best setups. most of the guys i sell to are lat 20's and near 200 lbs and we have not really had any issues other then ergo's. i have only ridden a c-4 once and it was awesome, but for the $$, the 29 rips too ! ride on guys !

hmrlvr, did you buy 06 or 07's

'07s but I don't know what changed. I'm not familiar w/previous years. Actually, I do remember him saying they were different but I don't know what.

07 comes with different hubs, smaller rear sprocket ( 37 t ) upgrade on the rear brake line holder and plastic that resembles a KTM...06 came stock with a 43 t rear sprocket and plastics that were close to a KLX

just got my ssr c4 in today stupid fast top end crazy.... built good.. frame is strong motor is strong the shifter is to short and it points down i dont like that the levers are real cheap i think they are white steel they just get u buy but the bike is alsome great for the cash i couldt ask for more

just got my ssr c4 in today stupid fast top end crazy.... built good.. frame is strong motor is strong the shifter is to short and it points down i dont like that the levers are real cheap i think they are white steel they just get u buy but the bike is alsome great for the cash i couldt ask for more

Good to hear but come on stupid fast.If it's stock it isn't that fast unless youve never rode before.It's far from a race motor.

oo i know but i am saying for a stock bike its fast i had a venom 125 and a crf50 with a 88cc kit and it is faster then both of them........well great bike for the price

oo i know but i am saying for a stock bike its fast i had a venom 125 and a crf50 with a 88cc kit and it is faster then both of them........well great bike for the price

I have had about every china motor outthere and there all close to the same in stock form.The c4 is a good bike you will be happy with it.Keep your eyes on your spokes for the first few rides they like to come loose.The motor in the c4 is a strong dependible motor. I have been pounding on mine for over a year with no issues what so ever.It's actually better than most china motors outthere IMO good luck :applause: