Sign in to follow this  

No Toil filter cleaning pics

That looks like #3 after a couple burritos :applause:

JK - looks great!

thats an awfally nice room to clean your filter in..lol. i do my one in the landry and it looks like crap afterwards.

Why dont you run the no-toil filter too?????

I have used many No-Toil filters. They held up well.

The thing is it's easier to get Twin Air filters. They work fine with No Toil. I am a big fan of Twin Air filters. Uni filters don't work with the No-Toil system. The seams come apart. I just ran a race with a Fast 3 Filter. Best $10 bucks I've ever spent. Filter was pre-dressed with No-Toil. It cleaned up bitchen like new and is a quality filter. It will be re-used many times. Great product.

thats an awfally nice room to clean your filter in..lol. i do my one in the landry and it looks like crap afterwards.

Try the No-Toil stuff. It works great. No solvents or gas needed just No Toil soap and oil. Great stuff. Your filter will look like new.

why not just use fuel to clean it insted of wasting money on fuel mixed with some other stuff

why not just use fuel to clean it insted of wasting money on fuel mixed with some other stuff

So your saying use gas to clean the air filter. I used to do that years ago. When I was a kid. It actually worked well. Back in the day.

Here is the deal. I can't and won't fill the sink in my house with gas or any solvent to clean my air filter. Maybe you do that's up to you.

This stuff (No-Toil) is not fuel mixed with other stuff. The oil is different it's not really oil smells like it has a lot of alcohol in it that evaporates and leaves a tacky dirt catching residue. I guess the stuff is actually biodegradable. All I know is that the shit works great and cleans up really easy with the powder cleaner that you just add to hot water.

I like the No-Toil stuff. I'd be interested in who has experience with this stuff with filters from other manufacturers. I know that "Flo" air filters fall apart after one or two uses with the No-Toil. It ruined two or three of my filters. :applause: On the other hand, the Ready Filters SAY not to use them with No-Toil as it dissolves the adhesives in the filter. But out of desparation for a clean, dry filter last fall I ran a Ready Filter with No Toil and it's still fine. I figured I'd use it, clean it and just chuck it if it fell apart. :applause:

Good to hear the Twin Air filters hold up. I just bought a No Toil filter for my Yammy, but need to get some more filters for the upcoming season for all my bikes.

i use an old icecream containerwith some 2-stroke premix fuel maybe 350mls

gets the job done mind you fuel is getting expensive know thow hhhmmm

I use the No-toil filter oil, but I clean the filter with Oxy Clean, (or actally the generic stuff at Walmart) It works just as well. Probably the same stuff only much cheaper. I used to have two buckets to soak my filters in kerosene, I've used gas and even bought the other filter oils and solvents. No-toil is SOOO much easier. I can clean my filters in my wifes kitchen sink with warm water. (beats using a hose ouside in the winter). Just spray on a little filter oil, (I like the aerosal) and I'm done. The Twin Airs work well for me. I keep two and it makes filter maintainence a lot easier.

I've heard the Oxy-Clean suggestion. Looks like a trip to WalMart is in order. My wife and I like to go and people-watch at Wal Mart anyway. We're never disappointed in the entertainment factor!

Hey, wait a minute....maybe OTHER people are looking at US for entertainment...hmmmmm.....

I have been using No-Toil for about 4yrs now and it is the easiest way to clean your air filter. Just use the No-Toil soap or Oxyclean and put the filters in the washing machine with some regular detergent and a little Castrol Superclean (to remove any stains).

I have used this method on No-Toil filters, stock Honda nad Yamaha filters and Twin Air filters. The No-toil filters def. hold up the best but Twin Air and the stock Yamaha filters worked great, the stock Honda filters start to come apart over time.

I have never bought the no toil cleaner.. always used the oxy clean.. works like a charm and at cosco it is 12 bucks for enough to last me 3 years!

Use it on the twin air and have never had a problem with it coming apart

Tried it in the washing machine yesterday and it worked wonderful came out beautiful and dry! almost :applause:

There is now "fuel" in no toil. In fact no-toil cleaner is basically the same thing as oxy-clean. Its gentle on the hands, and can be cleaned just about anywhere. After cleaning countless filters with gas, I love the no-toil.

Thanks for the tip on Oxy-Clean! I'm going to buy a container. I'm almost out of the No-Toil cleaner. :applause:

To all who put the filters in the washing machine,

Would it be okay to wash the filters and dirty gear (pants, jerseys, gloves, knee brace liners) in the same wash? Or would my clothes come out slightly oily?

I do not think your clothes would come out oily.. But I have not tried it just because I do not want a lot of heavy things squishing my filter and stuff in the washer.. I am sure you would have no problem.. It might not come out as dry either with other things in there... Give er a shot.. not much to loose?

I was thinking I'd put the filters in a mesh bag to protect them from the velcro and other things that might damage them. I'll try it... maybe tonite!