How to raise bars?

Here is the web address, I too had problems finding it until I stumbled across it in this forum...<a href="http://www.thumper-racing.net/" target="_blank">Thumper Racing

</a>

When I phoned they were out of stock.

Reversing the clamps ?? Dunno, depends on the clamps I guess. You could also make/buy/fit a small 'plate' under the clamps and get longer bolts, I see no reason why that would not work. Its what my Scotts came with (Thanks Taffy)

Someone on here has thumper risers, Pro-Tapers, installed with a Scotts (reversed mounted on their universal mount). This is a combo i may try on the future if I can figure out whether I want to drill & tap my bootefull scotts triples.

On the WR250 you can add another set of clamps and get longer bolts., I tried the bar risers they work great and are fairly cheap, but always out of stock, get the 1x1, the 1.5x1.5 is too far forward. I finally just got a New triple clamp and some Pastrana bend bars, which is almost as high as the 1.5x1.5 bar risers. Another cheap route might be to just get some Jimmy Button bend in the standard 7/8 and bolt them on to your stock clamps, they are the highest standard 7/8 bars you can get.

Here is bajadesigns website:

http://www.bajadesigns.com/

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: jsmith811 ]

I'm the guy with Thumper 1.5" risers, Pro Tapers, Applied TC & Scotts stabilizer...

My digital camera is giving me trouble so it will be a couple of days on the picture thing - I'm trying ?

The problem with stacking bar mounts is that as the mounts get taller they also get closer to you - not what you're looking for. The thumper risers are the ticket - I'm suprised that no one else makes risers that tall.

Brian

NVR FINISH...check personal mail...

As for putting picture on the web:

1) Your pictures have to have a home somewhere on the web already, you can only link to them with TT.

2)So if you have a home somewhere... go to your picture on the web and copy the web adress (URL) from the adress bar.

3)When posting a message or replying, scroll the screen down and you have some grey buttons. The bottom right button labelled "image" is what you need. Click on the button. It asks for a URL. Paste in the URL of your picture. Click OK.

You'r done. Just post your reply and your picture will appear!

It just occurred to me that for non standard triples like my scotts, if I remember correctly the entire bar clamp (both top and bottom) are 'loose'. So I GUESS I can use the TOP part of my standard 7/8 stock clamp as a spacer UNDERNEATH the bottom part of my ProTaper clamp. Have to check when I get home. May save buying/making some special spacers/risers for ProTapers. Theres nothing like actually using the stuff you have lying around instead of shelling out....I'll let you know.