Sign in to follow this  

TMR 307 RHC 192 cam/head Update

Hi guy's,got a couple of hundred miles on the 307 RHC 192 cam/ported 07 head now and it's faultless,power everywhere,changed the gearing a little gone to 13/50 and a dunlop 110/100/18 rear tire and it still lift's the front up in 4th gear with ease it's a blast to ride,it pulls 3rd gear on climes that I would of used 2nd on previously,it makes great of idle power/traction and run's supper clean right of from the word go,jetting for any one who's interested, JD blue needle,165 main,45 pilot,fire screen out air box opened up, many thank's to Ron at RHC he's doing first rate cam's/head work for us Honda guys,Martin.:applause:

Do a search,TMR 307 all the info you may need is there for you to look at,Martin:thumbsup:

It probably took you more time to type all of the do a search thing than typing in an amount.:applause:

Hey Martin, what headder/pipe are you running? X or R model? Oh and are you running the stock ignition?

I sent mine out last week... :applause:

Hey Martin, what headder/pipe are you running? X or R model? Oh and are you running the stock ignition?

I sent mine out last week... :applause:

:lol: Make sure you put that money back into the kids college fund when the wifes not looking.:lol: haha.

Heckler, did you ever try the R pipe with the 270 kit? What were your impressions? I put one on, but have not come out of hibernation to try it yet.

No I have always ran the X headder and various slip on exhausts, I currently have the FMF Ti Power core.

:applause: Make sure you put that money back into the kids college fund when the wifes not looking.:lol: haha.

Heckler, did you ever try the R pipe with the 270 kit? What were your impressions? I put one on, but have not come out of hibernation to try it yet.

I run the stock R header and love it. With the ccc mods I think the X performs better throughout the whole range with better exhaust flow from the bigger pipe. I was concerned about losing low end, and have NOT gone with the R cam for that reason, but feel the low end is better with the R head pipe with a 2004 FMF Q slip on. The 270 kit further justifies the need for more flow.

Hey Martin, what header/pipe are you running? X or R model? Oh and are you running the stock ignition?

I sent mine out last week... :lol:

Heckler,I run a FMF mega bomb header and a Vortex X10 ignition but the stock X works ok,its just with 10 different maps in the X10 there is one there that will suit your combination of engine parts plus its nice to have a traction/power map to choose from on the run its just a flick of a switch away, big bore headers on the X do cost bottom end/mid power,I have tryed stock X,power bomb and mega bomb the smaler bore headers work better of road,the hotter the cam you choose to run the more power you tend to lose with a larger bore head pipe of the bottom of the rpm range,check out my garage its all there,you have a nice surprise on the way when you get your 307 back and running,Martin.:applause:

thanks for the info, Im up in the air about which headder to use. Since the FMF Powercore is such a short pipe I am thinking about running a slightly longer headder than stock but I dont want to loose bottom end, I think White Brothers makes a lowboy for the X, I will have to check on that.

Im going to run the 307 kit with a new ported 07 head from RHC and his 192 cam. I may try a 07 X ignition and see how that does, I believe it's mapped different for 07. Still dont know which headder:excuseme:

Heckler,I run a FMF mega bomb header and a Vortex X10 ignition but the stock X works ok,its just with 10 different maps in the X10 there is one there that will suit your combination of engine parts plus its nice to have a traction/power map to choose from on the run its just a flick of a switch away, big bore headers on the X do cost bottom end/mid power,I have tryed stock X,power bomb and mega bomb the smaler bore headers work better of road,the hotter the cam you choose to run the more power you tend to lose with a larger bore head pipe of the bottom of the rpm range,check out my garage its all there,you have a nice surprise on the way when you get your 307 back and running,Martin.:applause:

thanks for the info, Im up in the air about which headder to use. Since the FMF Powercore is such a short pipe I am thinking about running a slightly longer headder than stock but I dont want to loose bottom end, I think White Brothers makes a lowboy for the X, I will have to check on that.

Im going to run the 307 kit with a new ported 07 head from RHC and his 192 cam. I may try a 07 X ignition and see how that does, I believe it's mapped different for 07. Still dont know which headder:excuseme:

307 motors make big power from the word go try what you have first before you change your head pipe these motors make big Torque from zero revs even with a big cam in it, the RHC 192/head combo works great,Martin.