Sign in to follow this  

If you Want to Ride, Sign This Petition !!!! ASAP!!!!

Please sign this petition Re. the Larose Forest Access Issue. This affects everyone that rides offroad.

Sign before March 13th

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?larose

or this link(same petition):

http://www.petitiononline.com/larose/petition.html

This petition is also in the 'Larose Forest .....Closure?' thread in the Land Use Issues Forum Of the ODSC website-

http://www.odsc.on.ca/phpbb/portal.php

The Larose Forest is a 28,000acre municipal forest in Eastern Ontario. They are trying to Ban all motorcycles from the trails, yet allow continued access for ATV, MTB, Equestrian, Hikers etc.

Sign your name and stand up for our rights!!!!!!

BJ

I doubt if I'll make it to that area but I signed anyway...I hope others do the same.

I have walked and x-country skied through that forest.

All the while wishing I was on 2 wheels.

Done

Tried to sign for all three family members at my house. I know mine got through at least.

Does anybody know if there is a group behind this ban and if there is, who it it??

I've gotten my entire household of three people to sign so far, keep adding on your parents and brothers/sisters!

Does anybody know if there is a group behind this ban and if there is, who it it??

I know at least part of the group comprises a few local residents. There is also a local eco group that is partially involved.

They are angry at a few irresponsible local squids with loud mx bikes, no respect, no insurance etc. They are taking the assumption that all riders are like that and thus want to kick all motorcyclists out. It's a stupid move, because that same element will continue to ride there regardless of any bans etc.

The best solution is to use the same model as the Ganny. Multi use, user pay.

BJ

Signed. This is 10 minutes from my house but I have never ridden there. :applause: Someone will have to explaine me where it is. :lol:

Crazyced-

Go ride there, but make sure you get a quiet pipe on that CRF first.

Less sound=more ground

BJ

They are angry at a few irresponsible local squids with loud mx bikes, no respect, no insurance etc. They are taking the assumption that all riders are like that and thus want to kick all motorcyclists out. It's a stupid move, because that same element will continue to ride there regardless of any bans etc.

Yep. There is an equal or greater number of ATV complaints however...which doesn't explain why they are being accomodated in the new bylaw! There's some local favouritism going on which has nothing to do with environmentalists :applause:

Yep. There is an equal or greater number of ATV complaints however...which doesn't explain why they are being accomodated in the new bylaw! There's some local favouritism going on which has nothing to do with environmentalists :applause:
I think it's to accommodate hunters.