Sign in to follow this  

Quick blast to Mike's

Just did a quick DRZ ride from Santa Veronica to Mikes and back as I needed a little Baja fix. It was quite nice during the week as we did not see one other bike the whole time, even at Mikes although it was a bit chilly, 40*F up in the hills around Laguna Hanson.

If you have not done this ride its a great fast blast on jeep road, twisty rocky two-track, then plenty of big soft whoops and deep sand wash as you get closer to Trinidad. Its about 160 miles each way or about 7 hours one way taking it easy and stopping for lunch in Trinidad. Didnt take too many pics since we didnt have a whole lot of time to keep stopping. I did however pose for the camera at the water crossing into Mikes, man that water was cold:eek: Since my buddy was on the other side with the camera I of course had to hit it at 30 mph.:applause:

Gassing up at Ramona's - Laguna Hanson

Ramonas.jpg

Lunch in Valle de Trinidad

Trinidad.jpg

Water crossing into Mikes

Mikes water crossing.jpg

the view from the pool at Mikes

Mikes.jpg

• Like 1

That looks cold I have been to Mikes once and really enjoyed it I wish to spend more time and explore around Mikes next time great food aswell

That looks cold I have been to Mikes once and really enjoyed it I wish to spend more time and explore around Mikes next time great food aswell

Yeah a quick Mike's run is just too easy to pass up living in San Diego, leave early one day, and home the next evening for dinner. Next month I plan on exploring a couple of E-W single track routes further down south, of course that more like a 5 day commitment.

Thanks alot. We just got another foot of snow.

:applause: dont feel too bad, on the way back through Laguna Hanson it was snow mixed with sleet then we got to the truck at Veronica down at 3500 ft. and it was just a nice 0*C rain. Thats why no pics the second day, we were shivering too much to operate the camera:bonk:

awesome....went to Mike's last Dec right after xmas and got caught in that hail/rain/very fargin cold storm on my old BRP.....can't wait to go back on Dr. Zed.....

awesome....went to Mike's last Dec right after xmas and got caught in that hail/rain/very fargin cold storm on my old BRP.....can't wait to go back on Dr. Zed.....

Where is Mike's?:applause: