Sign in to follow this  

Helment Help

I just a dual sport not too long ago and I have been using on of my dad's helmets. It works but it's a little big. I just got some money for my birthday and am trying to decide if I should get a helmet or not...I'm not sure what kind I should get but I found one on Ebay for about $50. It is Caliber (I think). The link to it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Youth-BLACK-Motorcross-Helmet-DOT-Certified_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6749QQhashZitem250088838691QQihZ015QQitemZ250088838691QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Let me know what y'all think. I don't have any clue to what is good or not.

I'd pass. It says it's DOT certified, but doesn't mention SNELL.

I stick with known brands. You can get great deals on Fly and HJC helmets online, and both of those are pretty good. I believe the saying is, "do you have a $50 head?"

You should DEFINITELY get a helmet but spend more than $50, and you also NEED one that fits you. Get your parents to kick in some $, it's a safety item. Offer to work it off if you don't have a job, or pay them back if you do.

Here's some for sale for a good price.

http://motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FX-01044

http://motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SV174-910

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=20619&department=201&Division=2

http://motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SV178-980

You should also go to a local shop and try helmets on to determine what size you are and keep in mind that sizing varies from brand to brand.

Exactly what these two said. I crashed in a helmet that was too big and had some serious issues....the helmet ended up hurting me instead of protecting me.

A helmet is one thing no one should scrimp on.

I agree with everyone.....save some more $$ to buy a good helmet and save your head!! It is one of the most important safety items you will own. Def. go to a shop and let some trained pro's help you out!!!!

Be safe!

Thanks you guys... I might have to wait awhile because I am still paying my parents money on the bike so a good helmet (with parental help) might have to wait...I only have a total of $75 so I don't that will get me a good helmet:excuseme: :applause:

If you know of where I can get one for that or less then that would be great.....

didnt look at this first

these are awesome

Hope one of them works for you. You can get some OK deals for $75, you just have to be less picky about color and stuff. I've had my HCJ for 10 years probably, or close to it. I've had other ones that I crashed in, but my old one is there to fall back on. I just ordered a new HJC, they're great helmets and I hear good things about the Fly ones too.

Hope one of them works for you. You can get some OK deals for $75, you just have to be less picky about color and stuff. I've had my HCJ for 10 years probably, or close to it. I've had other ones that I crashed in, but my old one is there to fall back on. I just ordered a new HJC, they're great helmets and I hear good things about the Fly ones too.

I saw those but I really really really like to FOX one but it doesn't say what the measurements are in...centimeters or what... do you know???

Probably inches, I'm guessing. I'd still go to a shop and try one on to make sure, even if you end up ordering it online. I just know that I wear the same size (small) in nearly every brand, and that's about a 6 7/8 in hat sizes. I can't remember what my actual measurements are.

I have the Fox one and I like it a lot better than my son's and husbands HJC helmets...I wear a small in this one but Xsm in non specific ladies helmets. Its super comfy and made well too.

momjake.jpg LoL Jake's head is all crooked because he had just gone deep puddle diving and then wrecked :applause:

ohhh... I think I am a youth large... me and my dad went and tried some one not too long ago....the guy at the store was great

Me: It's squeezing my cheeks

My dad: it's supposed to do that... thats how they work

Me: but i don't like it

the sales man walks up

My dad: tell her how the helmets are supposed to fit

Salesman: (looks at me and touches his head) pretty much right here... on your head. no really it is supposed to squeeze a little

Well I pretty much like it for the looks but it's nice to know that they are comfy too.....:-P

It squeezed a bit at first, but the pads wear a bit and I don't notice the squeezing anymore.

Gotta like the looks, no fun to have an ugly ass helmet. That's why I just bought a new one. Well, and 10 yrs is pretty old for a lid. my nice one got jacked out of my Jeep last year. :applause:

Yeah and you want it to squeeze a bit. your cheeks feel funny, but it's better than being loose.

Gotta like the looks, no fun to have an ugly ass helmet. That's why I just bought a new one. Well, and 10 yrs is pretty old for a lid. my nice one got jacked out of my Jeep last year. :applause:

Yeah and you want it to squeeze a bit. your cheeks feel funny, but it's better than being loose.

So what did ya end up with??

So what did ya end up with??

An HJC that was on sale. There was a paint job I liked better, but this one was like SUPER DUPER discounted and it's not half bad either.

newhelmet.jpg

This is the one I really liked tho.

g21225.jpg

I have the Fox one and I like it a lot better than my son's and husbands HJC helmets...I wear a small in this one but Xsm in non specific ladies helmets. Its super comfy and made well too.

momjake.jpg LoL Jake's head is all crooked because he had just gone deep puddle diving and then wrecked :applause:

funny....i almost tipped going around a corner in some Georgia clay today...twice...

how old are your kids?????

oh well

I have a large head... or maybe it's my thick hair....but I am 24 inches and 61 centimeter which qualifies me as a XL!!!!! they don't have that size in the fox....but they do in the other ones....

thanks for all the help!!!!!!

Jacob is 14... my girls aren't interested in riding...yet! I'm working on the 7 year old. My oldest daughter is 16. Where do you ride?

Nice lid FC :applause: