Sign in to follow this  

Which bars would you recomend

I just like the CR Highs. I had YZ Highs, they were very low, but felt like it cornered easier. I donno tho, I feel comfortable w/ CR Highs.

IMHO you should really like the CR low bend. With the big bar adapters they still sit a little higher than stock, but they have a comfortable bend to them and are a little narrower which should help your predicament. I personally don't like the CR highs because of the bend. I do however really like the stock 971 Renthal. Whats right for one may not be for another, good luck, hope you get what your looking for.

mid is ok? but u like the taller ones? how tall are you? Because i want to have enough room on the bike but i dont want to feel like i have ape hangers either :applause:

i would look at the charts height and pull back on the bars carmichael bend? if you like the bend of the 971 that come stock i would look at a bar chart and decide from there

If you like the stock renthals get the pro-Taper Henry/Reed bend. It is very similar. The CR-low is very low and has a goofy sweep and droop. The CR-mid is still slightly lower than stock. I have all of them here and have tried all of them. I prefer the Henry/Reed. I am also 5'7".

ya i like the stock but want something stronger and just use the stock as back up so the henery/reed sounds pretty good to me it fits my size good so ill prob go with that thanks!

Im runin the Windham bend and like it im about 6 feet tall. I compared them to the stock bars and they didnt look any taller. The CR highs might even be a little higher than the windhams. Its all personal prefrence really. Oh ya, i used the mounts that actualy bolt to your top tripple clamp i didnt like the idea of bolting the adapters to the already existing bottom bar mount (to much leverage on the bar mount i would think). Anyways good luck:ride:

you didnt/havent had any problems with mounting them like that (they fit in the stock mounts and clamped down tight?)

I have had Renthals and Pro Tapers, both very good.

I have use several bends, but keep coming back to CR Highs:ride:

ive bent bars with the cross bars like the renthal style ones my friends have fat bars like the protapers and havent bent them thats why im kinda leanin that way anyone else have this problem are the fat bars really stronger?

Pro-Taper fatbars are much stronger than the standard 7/8 Renthals. Don't have any experience with the 1-1/8 crossbar bars.

I'm the same height as you and prefer the Windham pro-taper bend, which is really close to stock.

I'm now using Fasst Flexx bars, which are also similar to the Windham bend and love them.

ive bent bars with the cross bars like the renthal style ones my friends have fat bars like the protapers and havent bent them thats why im kinda leanin that way anyone else have this problem are the fat bars really stronger?

If you like the stock ones, and haven't bent them yet, why not keep em until you need a new pair. That's what Im doing. A small # of crashes and they are not bent yet.:applause:

you didnt/havent had any problems with mounting them like that (they fit in the stock mounts and clamped down tight?)

No no. I ordered a kit that alows for the fatter bars and bolts strait to the trip clamp. Pro taper makes a mount kit that will go on top of your stock bottom mount to allow for the fatter bars and i did not like that idea. It would also raise your bars like another inch. Non of the shops around hear had the clamp kit that i got so i had my shop order it from Pro taper.:applause:

If you like the stock ones, and haven't bent them yet, why not keep em until you need a new pair. That's what Im doing. A small # of crashes and they are not bent yet.:applause:

just cheap insurance so a day of riding doesnt get ruined because the bars get bent. Ill just keep the stockers for backup :lol:

Flexx Bars from FASSTCO. Cost more than most, but last a lot longer too, and have a 50 percent warranty if you ever do manage to hose them up.

ben