Sign in to follow this  

Value of a 2000 KX250?

Hey guys, a guy I know is trading in his 2000 KX250 for a new bike and he offered it to me. What is it worth? It's in fair condition, needs new plastics and a few other things.

I've seen them go for anywhere from 1500 to 3000 depending on condition. I just bought a great 2000 with sub-normal wear, and a fully rebuilt top end for 2K. As I recall, trade-in value is about 1700 or so retail blue book about 22-2300.

According to Kelly Blue Book, its worth $2370 retail in good condition. Since that bike needs plastic and some other things its probably less.

Just bought a 00 for 2400. I've been around bikes long enough to know how it's been ridden. The stock tire was still on the front, the shifter was stock and not worn(knurles), the rear wheel did not have the "sand blasted look", stock pipe, rads straight, sub straight and so on. Basically, if you know what wears out you'll know what to look for. The bike I bought has not been ridden much so I feel it was worth the 24......good luck with the new 250, bro!:applause:

I got a 2000 kx250 in excellent shape for $1500. He had to sell fast so he sold it cheap, plus it was winter so he sold it cheaper than he normally would. All it needed was new graphics. You may be able to get it cheap. Check my garage to see what I got after putting $100 into graphics. It was a steal though.