Sign in to follow this  

KX450F stalling

I bought an '06 KX450F about three weeks ago. Previously I had an '04 KX250. When I come into a low RPM corner with the clutch in, the bike will stall if I am not working the throttle. It doesn't matter what gear I am in. As a result I can't use my front brake because I am giving it gas. I've also coasted over the lip of a jump and had it stall in the air unless I blip it. Not sure if there is something wrong with my bike or if I just need to ride faster. Thanks.

i have the same problem with my 07 YZ450F.

i guess we just have to get faster :applause:

i would turn your idle up. not sure if its the right thing to do but it helped me. my bike used to do the same thing.

id check your bikes compression....if its low then get a new top end and make sure you brake it in right...1 tank of gas at 1/4 throttle then 1 tank at 1/2 throttle, then 1 tank at 3/4, then your good to go PINNED!

my crf 450 used to do this in the woods all the time. put in the powernow valve and its way better!

turn up the idle and check fuel screw

id check your bikes compression....if its low then get a new top end and make sure you brake it in right...1 tank of gas at 1/4 throttle then 1 tank at 1/2 throttle, then 1 tank at 3/4, then your good to go PINNED!

Did you read that he had just bought his bike 3 weeks ago? Chances are his compression isnt bad.

As was said before, look for a little black knob and turn it (right I think) to turn your idle up. You can really fine tune things if you get an easy adjust fuel screw as well. They are only like $20.