Sign in to follow this  

Swing arm decals install tips

Hey Everyone: I just received by DR Z swing arm decals from wheelin cycle supply. Does anybody have any tips for good smooth/ bubble free install?

What degreaser cleaner works best to clean the swing arms, and did you guys use that spray stuff called (Sticker On) to apply them? or what?

thanks Joe...................:applause:

I used brake cleaner on a clean towel to clean the swingarm surface and another towel to wipe everything clean. I placed the sticker on there to see where to start applying the sticker and mentally marked the spot. Took the backing off the sticker and started from one end and rolled it on, using the clean towel to rub it on.

It helps to warm the swingarm and sticker before applying. I used a hairdryer.

IMG_0104.jpg

I use a mild, properly diluted citrus degreaser, clean, rinse, wipeoff then finish with rubbing alcohol -I am a 'little' paranoid.

I warm up both the sticker and the surface with a hair dryer and apply using a light soapy solution

(small bucket of water and a few drops of Dawn or baby shampoo).

It has worked for me so far.

Another tip is to peel a small bit of backing off at the end and get it into position. Then slowly peel the backing off while rubbing out the bubbles as you go. If you want to get technical you can use a straight edge and a pencil line...

clean surface with rubbing alcohol. Hold sticker in position with masking tape. Start at one corner and peel backing off while smothing sticker with a spreader for automotive body filler. I learned this from the profesional decal installers that stickered my work service truck.:applause: