Sign in to follow this  

Twin Air Dual Stage Filter worth it?

For the CRF150, is it worth it, I'm not doing any other mods, is it worth it or is the stock air filter good enough? I'm not racing with it, or even going very fast!! Just for pleasure riding.

An aftermarket isn't worth it unless you rejet and open the bike up. If you ask any questions about jetting though, i'll explode.

the stock foam air filter is suitable for stock riding, you dont need any more unless u plan on doing some mods down the road (re-jet, air box, baffle, etc.) then you will get your moneys worth, as for now in stock form, you will be making the bike leaner than it already is and will probably see no performance gains :applause:

I like having more than one filter for each bike & keep a spare oiled & in a 1 gallon ziplock bag. This way if I go ride & it's dusty I can swap the filter with out much fuss. It works great. Especially for those multi day camping trips.

I have both a UNI & a Twin Air for the 230. The UNI is falling apart now. The oil attacked the glued seams. It was good for a couple years though. The Twin Air is still going strong & that's my filter of choice now.

"Just pleasure riding."? This makes it sound like no mods are worth it. We're not racers but I'll still have 2 after market filters for each bike. Being well prepared is part of the fun for me.

:applause: