New Track In Ephrata, Wa

They are strarting construction on a new motocross track in Ephrata next Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be an arenacross style track and is being built by Steve Eilers. They plan on having 2 races to get their feet wet as motocross promoters then go from there. The races are going to be April 15 and April 22. We are going to need as much support at these as possible to make this track work. They are going to have quad classes and I'm gonna try to get utility quad classes as well, so please spread the word and plan on racing.

They might get a light turn-out on the 15th, that's when the desert 100 is going on just down the street in Odessa.

Wheres this place by?

Wheres this place by?

I don't know exactly where the track will be, but Ephrata is about 5 miles south of Soap Lake, east of Quincy, but west of Moses Lake. I'm glad to hear of a track going into my home town! :applause:

Eric

They might get a light turn-out on the 15th, that's when the desert 100 is going on just down the street in Odessa.

Very poor date choice for the inaugural race day. :applause:

The track is going to be in the infield of the stock car track. There is talk of having some Saturday night races during the summer and some more in the fall, but we are all going to have to support these races if we want future dates.

Switchback, you live in Ephrata? I live out on road A nw. We should go riding, I'm always looking for new people to ride with.

Switchback, you live in Ephrata? I live out on road A nw. We should go riding, I'm always looking for new people to ride with.

I don't live there anymore, but I was born and raised in Ephrata. I now live in Rainer, WA on the wet side. I'll PM you.

Riding MAttawa/Saddle Mtn on Saturday if your wanting to ride. :applause: I live near George.:lol:

TONY

Hayshaker, I'll be busy on Saturday, but it sounds like Sunday me, my wife, and a few friends might go to the Moses dunes. I'm not much into the dunes but it's seat time I guess.

They were going to start construction yesterday but the tractor had problems that are going to set them back awhile. Races are still on schedule as far as I know. The promoter said that it's only going to cost $20 per class.

first race is april 15, takes about a day to build an arenacross track. does that mean they are going to have some practice sessions? do they have to haul dirt in or are they going to use what is there?

They are going to use the dirt that is already there. It's supposed to be a good mix of dirt and clay, but that's just what I was told. Their original plan was to build it, let it sit for a few weeks, then have a practice day. I'm not sure how that will play out now.

its to bad the opener is on the desert 100 weekend, if they moved it I would be temped at playing on the track

build it, and they will come!

We finished up the track yesterday, it'll be the first time running motocross in the infield there, so we're going to want lots of feedback on how we run the event because it's going to be pretty much a permanent deal.

i hope you guys do well. i would like to stop by and check the place out after the dez 100 on my way home, how do i find it?

check out ephrataracewaypark.com for address, directions and more info.