Sign in to follow this  

Got my lift installed, check it out

Just finished installing my 2"lift(front only)

What do you all think?

Before

IMG_0028.jpg

After

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

sorry the pics are small, but you get the idea :applause:

• Like 1

i got the 2" lift(not spindles), just a coil spring spacers and shocks

i got the 2" lift(not spindles), just a coil spring spacers and shocks

get rid of that set up as soon as you get the money. It causes too much pressure on the frame and after a while will crack the frame where the upper a-arm bolts to the frame. I have repaired many of these due to the el'cheapo lifts. keep an eye on your ball joints now too. cuz they almost maxed out. I see broken ball joints in you future. did you get an alignment. if not you need one or you'll be needing new tires quick.

why would i put mroe stress than a 2" spring lift? and ive already been plannign to get the upper control arms made for lifts as soon as i can

why would i put mroe stress than a 2" spring lift? and ive already been plannign to get the upper control arms made for lifts as soon as i can

Actually the spring lifts place the same stress on the components, the best way is spindles-keeps the factory steering geometry and A-arm angles.

Does look sharp, though.:applause:

Not to thread hi-jack, but My buddy has a mud truck that has a 14" suspension lift and a 8' body lift sitting on 44" super swamper's. Its not exactly legal with a ~75" rear bumper Height. Runs the deep pit like a creek crossing.

P.S. 245 RWHP

Not to thread hi-jack, but My buddy has a mud truck that has a 14" suspension lift and a 8' body lift sitting on 44" super swamper's. Its not exactly legal with a ~75" rear bumper Height. Runs the deep pit like a creek crossing.

P.S. 245 RWHP

8" body lift?!?!?!?! Yeah, that's safe!

Not knowledgeable on the fords, but is the coil and shock assembled as one piece, or is it a coil that sits in a bucket, and a shock outside of the coil?

If it's assembled at one (ie, the Tacomas) A top load spacer will really mess up your suspension components, no matter what you do. A in the coil spacer (which preloads the suspension) will ride rough, but should be fine...

Looks good...just to let you know, the spindle lift gives a true factory ride and increases ground clearence not just under the chassis, but under the lower arms themselves.

Add a set of Bilsteins and you're ready to go...

Actually the spring lifts place the same stress on the components, .:applause:

not true. if it were true then the larger springs or springs with spacers would slip right in. the only way to half ass make it right would be to use ball joint spacers.that releases the spring so its not so compressed And that would give you even more lift. where is that guy that post here that designs lift kits. he'll back me up.

not true. if it were true then the larger springs or springs with spacers would slip right in. the only way to half ass make it right would be to use ball joint spacers.that releases the spring so its not so compressed And that would give you even more lift. where is that guy that post here that designs lift kits. he'll back me up.

How is adding longer springs any better than adding spring spacers? Without changing the angle of mounting of the ball joints (different A-arms or lowered A-arm attachment points), the ball joint angle is the same.

Anytime one alters the ride height (aside from spindles, and that is a limited change) you alter the steering and suspension geometry, and components are unable to function as they were originally intended, thus resulting in premature wear and failure.

my opinion on trucks is if i have to pull myself up into the cab on the seat belt and tires are at least up above my rib cage then it MIGHT be tall enough

(i'm 5'3")

soooooooooooo buddy.... your truck is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too short (by my standards) :-P

but it does look nice

my opinion on trucks is if i have to pull myself up into the cab on the seat belt and tires are at least up above my rib cage then it MIGHT be tall enough

(i'm 5'3")

soooooooooooo buddy.... your truck is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too short (by my standards) :-P

but it does look nice

i just realized how mean i could have sounded to i totally retract what i said

your truck looks wonderful and me as a midget would be very happy with it...but i dont have to ride in it

wait that sounds mean tooo

oh forget it

your truck looks nice

lets leave it at that

^lol^ thanks for all the comments

so fa5r the ride is still much better than stock. handles better on the street even. as far as ball joint breakage and such, i am a member on a Ranger forum, many people have a similar lift and have had no problems with breaking or cracking the frame or any other component.

It is a coil-in-bucket with the shock running down the middle of the spring. it is not a one piece coilover arrangement like a tacoma.

also, are Bilsteins really THAT good? the same company that makes my lift(Doetsch Tech) also makes a lot of custom shocks(like race truck shocks), for appx $110 per i can get rebuildabe, revalveable, custom valved shocks, wouldnt that be better? idk seems like it would tho :applause:

Husky250, What kind(Make) of Wheels(15x7's) & Size tires on that Ranger?? Thanks.

they are American Racing Outlaw wheels. 15x7 and 31-10.50 tires