Sign in to follow this  

To mod or not to mod '97 F150

My F150 has 166k on the odo. It still runs great and shifts well. However, I wouldnt mind a bit more power. Personally I think it would be awsome to get a supercharger and some flowmasters so that I could have some fun with it. If I were to do that though I would have to devote all of my spare money to that and probably sell my streetbike.

For those of you that have done both, which did you like more? Hot rod or streetbike?

I like to spin the tires and get pitched but I am not the type that is going to try going over 100mph in my truck.

I would leave the truck alone.. Well put on a flowmaster but thats about it. Find yourself a pre 73 project car or truck. Easy to work on and no smog. And nothing is cooler than an old hot rod. look into mustangs,camaros, cougars,fairlanes,novas,malibus,dusters, cudas, roadrunners, challangers,ect

Well I never get smog tested in my state as is. I dont really have anywhere near the cheese needed to take on one of those old cars.

Well I never get smog tested in my state as is. I dont really have anywhere near the cheese needed to take on one of those old cars.

Thats why it is a project. i have been working on the wifes 65 mustang for 10 years now. she has owned it for 15. I hopeing it will be done in the next year or so!

My F150 has 166k on the odo. It still runs great and shifts well. However, I wouldnt mind a bit more power. Personally I think it would be awsome to get a supercharger and some flowmasters so that I could have some fun with it. If I were to do that though I would have to devote all of my spare money to that and probably sell my streetbike.

For those of you that have done both, which did you like more? Hot rod or streetbike?

I like to spin the tires and get pitched but I am not the type that is going to try going over 100mph in my truck.

I wouldn't do anything more than an exhaust system. With that kind of milage, if you add a a supercharger you'll probably shuck the tranny, rear end and finally the motor.

Save your money for a lower mileage truck to hop-up.

Well the tranny is absolutely perfect right now. Always shifts right when its supposed to and is actually pretty smooth even when under full power. You really think I would kill it? How much would it be to replace it with the 6 speed T56 (I believe thats what its called)? What kind of money am I talking about to start messing with the rear end? Could I just rip one off a mustang?