piston/ring fit??

Does anybody know if there would be a problem using a stock set of new rings in a barley used wiseco piston? It's an 03 RM250.

They look almost identical.

:applause:

i think u have to use only wiesco rings or they wont work

Does anybody know if there would be a problem using a stock set of new rings in a barley used wiseco piston? It's an 03 RM250.

They look almost identical.

:applause:

Not something I'd want to chance with an almost, how much is a set of rings compared to the time and possible damage of having to tear it down again..:lol:

Not something I'd want to chance with an almost, how much is a set of rings compared to the time and possible damage of having to tear it down again..:applause:

Yea, not something I would like to risk either... Hence the question.

I have the engine apart for other reasons and there is only about 8 hours on the piston and rings. I have a new set of stockers layin around so I thought I'd ask.

So if anybody has a yes or no answer based on experience or the like and not a guess it would be apprieciated.

Thanks.

You have to measure them. Your owner’s manual will tell you how much room there should be between the ring and the piston. Use a feeler gauge between the ring and the piston to check for sure. You can also use a micrometer to measure the thickness of each ring. Harbor Freight sells a digital one fir $30.o

You have to measure them. Your owner’s manual will tell you how much room there should be between the ring and the piston. Use a feeler gauge between the ring and the piston to check for sure. You can also use a micrometer to measure the thickness of each ring. Harbor Freight sells a digital one fir $30.o

im trying to figure out whatsize piston i have on my o3 rm250 it has a W on the bottom and a 67 on the other side do you know if your piston says the same please help ,thanks alot