**please help me**

i was rebuilding my bike and only had one c clip left and the clip snapped of the pliers and flew into the bottom end and i cant find it. had this happend to any one else? if so is there a comon place like clutch on flywheel?

Time to go fishing with a magnet.

Or...and this is probably a bad idea...remove the clutch cover and that entire outer case...then grab some motor oil and pour it down the hole you dropped the clip....and hope the c clip comes out the side with the oil???

It can go anywhere. Like Rally stated, magnet or splitting the cases may be the trick.

Also, stuff rags in any openings when working on items like this (especially the cam clips). I can't tell you how many times my ass has been saved by taking the extra second, to stuff a rag down an opening.

250thumpher it is worst that that it was the piston c clips that are the size of a penny. thanks for your help i flip it over and kick crank over hoping it would fall out. i guess tomorrow i will try the magnet thing and check be hind fly wheel and hope i dont have to split the cases. if any one esle has any idea throw them out i would love to here them

250thumpher it is worst that that it was the piston c clips that are the size of a penny. thanks for your help i flip it over and kick crank over hoping it would fall out. i guess tomorrow i will try the magnet thing and check be hind fly wheel and hope i dont have to split the cases. if any one esle has any idea throw them out i would love to here them

DO NOT move the kickstarter. That clip can get caught somewhere and make your problem worse than it already is...

so what tools to slip case also once you put it back to together does the crank need to be press back in

Look at your service manual, it goes over the whole procedure for splitting the case, and the tools needed.

If you don't have a manual, look at the read before you post.

If you don't have a manual and you don't use it, don't even try it.

you are not gonna want to split the case though. Id try all kinds of crazy things before spliting the case.

i was thinking about compressed air around the crank so i would move it around and i would be able to hear where it is or something like that

Have you tried the other methods first?

Try keeping it in it's same place by using a magnet. Then try moving it around with a strong magnet on the bottom of the case...

The less you move it around to begin with, the better. Where it fell may be in a spot that you are able to access it.

that is the thing i dont know where it went in side the motor i had the piston and cylinder and a my c clip pliers in the other hand

Then take a magnet, and fish around for it...

i was rebuilding my bike and only had one c clip left and the clip snapped of the pliers and flew into the bottom end and i cant find it. had this happend to any one else? if so is there a comon place like clutch on flywheel?

What a bummer. I've had that happen before. 250Thumpher's Idea of the rags works great.

I'd remove the ignition side cover and remove the flywheel. You need a special puller for this. You can probably buy it at your local Yamaha dealer, or off the 'net. You're gonna need it for changing the cam chain anyway, so you'll use it more than once. By the way, while you're in there, might as well replace the cam chain.

Once you get the flywheel off, remove the stator plate. Now you can see underneath the crankshaft down inside the sump. Try the magnet trick through the hole under the crankshaft. If that doesn't help, go to the other side and remove the clutch side cover. There's a hole that goes thru to underneath on that side too.

If you still can't get it, you'll have to split the cases. If you leave it in there it will end up causing havoc inside.

Good Luck!!!!

What a bummer. I've had that happen before. 250Thumpher's Idea of the rags works great.

I'd remove the ignition side cover and remove the flywheel. You need a special puller for this. You can probably buy it at your local Yamaha dealer, or off the 'net. You're gonna need it for changing the cam chain anyway, so you'll use it more than once. By the way, while you're in there, might as well replace the cam chain.

Once you get the flywheel off, remove the stator plate. Now you can see underneath the crankshaft down inside the sump. Try the magnet trick through the hole under the crankshaft. If that doesn't help, go to the other side and remove the clutch side cover. There's a hole that goes thru to underneath on that side too.

If you still can't get it, you'll have to split the cases. If you leave it in there it will end up causing havoc inside.

Good Luck!!!!

Very good advise.

Whatever route you take, just be sure to not move around the bike. The clip is probably in a position that you can fish it out with a magnet. If you move it around, you may move it to an inaccessable area...

If you can't fish it out with the magnet, then move it around...

did you see it go into the case? My friend did the same thing and we spent hours trying to get it out with a magnet, only to find it the next day laying on the garage floor about 20ft from the bike.

i have a 5 by 5 inch neo. magnet, dangerously strong, hold it around the top of the motor and the clip will fly out, oh and i crushed 3 of my fingers between the frame and he mangnet, had to get them wired and pined back together, doh!