Where Ride in OR

Me and my buddies are planning a trip to Oregon in late May early June and we need to find out WHERE to find some great riding. We are from Sacramento CA and are used to tight single track and are looking for the same type of riding in Oregon. We're not huge fans of Forrest Roads and we usally try to not to enter fear with ATV Trails. In any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

that sounds like a good time to go to east fort rock/china hat in bend.

Your not going to find much tight singletrack at china hat unless you hook up with the locals that know where the "good stuff" is.

Me and my buddies are planning a trip to Oregon in late May early June and we need to find out WHERE to find some great riding. We are from Sacramento CA and are used to tight single track and are looking for the same type of riding in Oregon. We're not huge fans of Forrest Roads and we usally try to not to enter fear with ATV Trails. In any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oregon doesn't have any tight single track.

Riding in Central Oregon (specifically East Fort Rock), is like Foresthill without the gradient. When the trails turn to single track (again EFR), it's mostly because the terrain has turned into fields of lava. Still you should know, the Californians (out of Lodi) that I have ridden with in Central Oregon refer to it as riding in Disneyland (which was intended as a compliment), and I too, really like riding there.

PM me when you are heading into the PNW. I'd be glad to run you around the historic Tillamook Burn and show you where there used to be tight single track...we actually might ride on a couple while we're out there. You got desert tanks or stockers?

Oregon doesn't have any tight single track.

Yup no tight single track down here in Southern Oregon, just wide open desert riding, flat as can be, 5th gear pinned. :lol:

No, we really have some nice single track in the southwest part of Oregon. John's Peak/Timber Moutain has some real fun areas also Anderson Butte, which most people don't ride, is mostly single track. Heck I think most of the time we're following dear trails up there. :applause:

That's right, and one of them is our dear old "Deer Trail". Here's some of those flat out, throttle wide open trails.

jacksoncrktrails01.jpg

Yep no single track here at all.Western Oregon is just way too high speed! Bring your trials tire!

You guys don't have any mud and roots in your area either, do you Mike?

Be looking forward to VDR next year also;-)

I like mud and roots!:applause:

Speaking for Central OR, there was some great single track here and no not just through lava fields. But unfortunately (not intentionally bashing anyone here) some very skilled quad riders are slowly turning it into quad friendly 4' wide trails.

Jmckinney, if you guys are thinking about Central Oregon, make sure you look at Deschutes Nat Forest website to check trail conditions, or call 541-383-4010. Some trails are still closed then depending on the snowpack, or if its dry you definitely want to avoid our moon dust.

Who rides by alfalfa?

Who rides by alfalfa?

I ride by Spanky! :applause:

I ride by Spanky! :applause:

what hahahahaha

get a paddle tire and go to the DUNES!!!

What you guys need to do is a Oregon round trip. First you need to ride at John's Peak outside Medford, then head over to Central Oregon, then up to Portland, then down to the Dunes. :applause:

Thanks

PM me when you get ready to go, I could take you on a tour of one of our favorite places with lots of technical singletrack riding.

Johns Peak and applegate but you will have more fun with someone as a guide. :applause:

forget the dunes...too many quads and idiots, i'd rather stay home.

but if you want a real oregon riding trip here you go...up I-5 to johns peak or prospect, then to up to shot gun in eugene, get back on I-5 to portland, west on 26 to tillamook/trask, then back through portland to central oregon and have your pick of cline, china hat or millican, then jump over to 395 down to moonrocks then back over to sac. that would be a hell of a trip.

P.S I can show you single track in tillamook and central oregon that will leave you not wanting to return home