Sign in to follow this  

To everyone doin top ends themselves...

Does the motor need to be pulled out of the bike, or is it doable leaving it in to replace the piston?

can be done in , easier out

Leave it in the frame. I used the online service, took my time, and everything turned out great.

When u say the "Online Service" do u mean online service manual, or is there some sort of Kawasaki online service websight ur talking about? I just picked up a 06 and think im gonna go ahead and do the weisco fo peace of mind.

When u say the "Online Service" do u mean online service manual, or is there some sort of Kawasaki online service websight ur talking about? I just picked up a 06 and think im gonna go ahead and do the weisco fo peace of mind.

If you are looking for a service manual for the 06, check out the sticked "FAQ" thread. There is a link to a downloadable PDF service manual.

I like to take the motor out, plug off all openings and give the motor a good cleaning. This does a few things, insures no dirt in motor(including dirt off frame, etc.), easier to work on and keeps that new fresh look:thumbsup: