Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X vs WR250F

There both good bikes. I prefer the WR as probably most on this post will because I like Yamaha. If you get a chance, ride both and see which one you like the best before making a decision. Good Luck!

I love my WR, but there is a lot to be said about Honda’s quality. I think there are some differences in the CRF models. Some of the Honda CRF’s have headlights, like the WR, and some CRF’s don’t. It’s kinda like Yamaha’s YZ, and WR. One’s dirt, and one’s motocross.

:applause:

I also love my wr but have always been a Honda guy. I got a sweet deal on my wr and have no complaints. My roommate just bought a crfx but due to a knee surgery have been unable to ride it. I will hopefully get out within a couple weeks and try to come back with a little comparison.

after riding both...

Honda pro.'s-light and nimble, easy to maneauver.

con.'s- takes alot more to make it feel like it has some great power.

yamaha pro.'s- excelent motor power. takes only jetting to do what takes a power now vaulve and exhaust to do with the crfx.

con.'s- a bit heavyer, not as nimble.

does that sum it up for ya?

Depends on your local dealer support also. My WR has been extremely reliable but if I had a crappy dealer then I would have gotten a Honda

I would agree with Washington Rider's comments as well. I've ridden both and can confirm his impression. I bought my WR because it has sooooo much more motor potential than the CRFX. I'm a bigger guy, so I don't mind my WR feeling a little heavier because I can more than handle it. However, I'm not sure I would ever be happy with the power of the Honda unless it was modified to the point of being a CRF250R.

I have never ridden a WR250F, but I can tell you the 250X is a great bike - with great handling and plenty of power with only a few mods. I own two Yamaha's and three Honda's , and I would have to say Honda has a higher overall quality. :applause:

i think the wr's are alot better than the x's. but i heard the x's are ready to ride/race right off the showroom floor with no mods becuase they dont have as much restrictive stuff and everything works really good how it is stock. the wr's require some mods (free mods), but once theyre done, its definately a better bike, especially becuase the motor is so much better and faster.

i think the wr's are alot better than the x's. but i heard the x's are ready to ride/race right off the showroom floor with no mods becuase they dont have as much restrictive stuff and everything works really good how it is stock.

As much as I hate to admit it all the gloating that the red lemmings do over in the 250x forum is true.

The bike I rode had all of 34 miles on it and was bone stock. The motor went like gang busters. It lacked the low end pull of my TT-R (pretty much all the stock 250f enduros do) but that son of a bitch came alive in the midrange. From about 6,000 rpm to about 10,500 the thing pulls kinda hard and then it flattens out from there. Make no mistake its no YZ 250f, RM-Z 250, or KX 250f....but it is stronger than a showroom stock WR 250f. The power of the 250x almost mirrored a stock Husky TE 250 I rode(another impressive bike)

With that said the WR 250f has more potential power. Uncorked for uncorked, the WR 250f hands the 250x its ass in the power department (screaming top end). The fact that the WR has a better service record is a :applause:

I haven't ridden an 07 WR, but I'm not a big fan of how the steel framed yamis handle. The 250x literally handles on a rail. The front tire sticks like glue and the bike is very flickable. If the 07 WR handles anything like that Yamaha has a class dominator on their hands.

I hope I've been of some help...:lol: