Sign in to follow this  

Envergy drinks v. good or bad?

I searched and didn't find what I was looking for so I'm making a thread. Lately I've been on Monster. I have been using it for school to stay focused more. I got to thinking though, are they really good for you? I mean do they actually enhance anything? I was thinking about starting to ride on monster, but if it is going to have a negative affect I want to stop. Next week we are having state testing at school, and since Monster has made me "me awake" I'm probably going to kill1 or 2 before school. Do what the deal with energy drinks, :applause: or :lol: ?

I like them occasionally.I work for a company that sells them, but I wouldnt recommend them on a daily basis and definately not multiple times in one day.The caffine and sugar levels alone are not healthy and I 've heard, without proof, that some other ingredients are hard on your kidneys in large,consistant amounts.They do work but take it easy, healthy eating,getting 7 hours sleep and staying hydrated will be far more beneficial.

the jolt ultra has a lot lower sugar levels and caffein levels to, and they taste great, but anything like that is bad for you, like drinking a litre of coke a day cant be very healthy

A cup of high quality strong coffee will blow away any energy drink if you want a quick "pick me up". Of course, during an afternoon ride this probably won't be practical. But there is way more caffeine in a decent cup o joe than there is in ANY energy drink if that is what you want. Just remember that coffee (caffeine) is a diuretic, which means it makes you pee more - so drink more water during rides if you use them so you don't dehydrate.....

I personnaly dont use energy drinks on a daily basics but before i ride i drink a Monster and im more alert and ready to rock.:applause:

A cup of high quality strong coffee will blow away any energy drink if you want a quick "pick me up". Of course, during an afternoon ride this probably won't be practical. But there is way more caffeine in a decent cup o joe than there is in ANY energy drink if that is what you want. Just remember that coffee (caffeine) is a diuretic, which means it makes you pee more - so drink more water during rides if you use them so you don't dehydrate.....

A cup of coffee doesn't have taurine and ginseng which expand the size of your capillaries allowing more blood to flow through.

Taurine is good for the day of an event. Taurine acts as a metabolic transmitter and additionally has a detoxifying effect and strengthens cardiac contractility

That's a major point of energy drinks. They buzz to a point where maybe you shouldn't be, then the next day or day after you always pay .tired...exhausted. It's a large price to pay for that high on an energy drink, but for me it's worth it.

They need to make a drink with the taurine and such but leave out the sugar and caffeine. I'm sure it would taste like ass but it would be for function. So just wash it down with a bunch of water. I find those damn drinks to be addicing like no other. I'm just now getting to where i don't NEED one every day.

If I drink a Monster before I ride, I feel like I'm on Speed. At my age, that's a good thing! :applause: