seats?

dose anyone know of any aftermarket seats that are softer/more comfortable? it seems like my butt is sore after not that long. or has anyone recovered a seat themselves? i dont care if its a little taller, but i ride all day in the desert so i need something more comfortable.

Or, anyone have any padded riding shorts? do they have butt padding? do they help at all?

thanks

gutsracing.com is one of the best out there besides something like a corbin. They have all kinds of pad density and height. Got a tall one on a 125 and love it.

Guts seat came with one of our bikes. Everyone wants it now.:applause:

Good quality 8 panel bicycle shorts will delay the onset of fatique by supporting the gluts and quads.

I opted for a full suede Renazco Racing saddle with red stitching ~3" wider and 1" taller on my 510. Creeper's (Chris) finished product compliments both the bike and my azz.

I don't have picture posting capability but will gladly send you some if you provide an email addy.

Heard a lot of good stuff about the Renazco seats.

I wear some EVS airtech padded shorts and it helps a ton.

paul

Heard a lot of good stuff about the Renazco seats.

Me too.

I even took my spare seat to him so others could have a seat built up then exchange seats via mail - as opposed to sending him your seat and waiting till he finished with it.

Phenomenal guy to talk to, very cool.

If anyone wants to call him about that spare seat feel free. It was intended for TTrs use.

Renazco are tops, I've had 2 of his seats, KTM 950 and TE610 and am waiting to get some $ to get one for the SM. I can only recall one guy who didn't like his seat and he sold it, James got on the thread and advised him he should have gotten in touch and sent it back so they could get it right. Long wait but worth every penny and week it takes and very good customer service. Jim.

Me too.

I even took my spare seat to him so others could have a seat built up then exchange seats via mail - as opposed to sending him your seat and waiting till he finished with it.

Phenomenal guy to talk to, very cool.

If anyone wants to call him about that spare seat feel free. It was intended for TTrs use.

That's excellent. I have been wanting to do that. Should just go ahead with it this spring...did you go with the suede or vinyl?

Wonder how the suede would hold up if it was getting wet and muddy from time to time...and it would be nice to widen it at the front a bit too so it matched better at the tank with my IMS on there.

paul

is new foam something i can install myself? also, do i need a new seat cover if i replace the foam? im assuming so if i got the tall foam.

...did you go with the suede or vinyl?

Neither. Thought about how the bike is used for a long time and just not that many miles at a time to warrant a different seat.

The seat given to the seat guy was an extra seat as part of a color change to red/white on a 2006 TE. Wonder what happened to it, thought you TTrs would be all over that seat...

I opted for a full suede Renazco Racing saddle with red stitching ~3" wider and 1" taller on my 510. Creeper's (Chris) finished product compliments both the bike and my azz.

Am I reading this right? Chris is "Creeper"? Creeper of KTM list fame?

Sorry if I'm letting the cat out of the bag or I am just plain slow in the head but Creeper is a walking encyclopedia/shop manual for us LC4 guys. Hugely helpful..ALL THE TIME

Yes, Chris works with James Renazco and focus' on the smaller seats. His lead time was 6 weeks when I got on the build schedule back in early January.

My 07 seat had a significant .175" left to right offset in the nose area and minor .050" offset in the rear. We exchanged some emails, notes and pix followed by a 1/2 hr. call before beginning the saddle.

With only one ride I can't comment as to how the saddle fairs over distance but can say the workmanship is flawless. Its not often I use the word 'Craftsman' but Creeper's work is worthy of the title.

What's really funny about all that is several years ago I asked more than my fair share of KTM questions to Mr. Creeper all via the 'net and all this time he's been right down the street from me!:lol: :lol:

He is the "Coffee" of the KTM list as far as technical info and how to posts!

BTW: How's that Dean!!??..your an adverb, noun, adjective, verb..etc..etc

WWCD?

I'll have to coffee that post and take some good photos! :applause:

WWCD? What would Conan Do? :applause:

What Would Coffee Do?

Coffee..you making a showing at Clear Creek again? This weekend is another enduro round.

BTW..seems to be many "Creepers"..I back searched and the KTM creeper seems to be in Washington.

No clear creek - took pics & vids of the national enduro and am still digesting those... and thawing out.