Sign in to follow this  

Heavy Duty Tubes for MX

Hello Everybody:

I am the proud owner of a 2005 CRF450. I just picked up some brand new tires. I got the 756 for the rear and the 742FA for the front. The old stock front tire always felt like it was going to wash out on me. I heard the 742FA that comes stock with the 07 helps with that problem.

I am going to be putting new tubes in at the same time when I change the tires. Do the heavy tubes change the handling of the bike versus just using the standard tubes? I really want to correct the front end from washing out on me in the corners and I want to make sure the heavy tubes are not going to contribute to the old problem.

I search the forums here and did not see an answer to my question of handling.

Thanks for your information in advance.

RIDE RED

some guys run the heavy tube so they can get away with running less air for better traction and not get flats on rough tracks :applause:

Hello Everybody:

I am the proud owner of a 2005 CRF450. I just picked up some brand new tires. I got the 756 for the rear and the 742FA for the front. The old stock front tire always felt like it was going to wash out on me. I heard the 742FA that comes stock with the 07 helps with that problem.

I am going to be putting new tubes in at the same time when I change the tires. Do the heavy tubes change the handling of the bike versus just using the standard tubes? I really want to correct the front end from washing out on me in the corners and I want to make sure the heavy tubes are not going to contribute to the old problem.

I search the forums here and did not see an answer to my question of handling.

Thanks for your information in advance.

RIDE RED

I can't :lol: I run them because I change my own tires....with standard tubes if you "rub" them with a tire iron you're out a tube.:lol: With the HD tubes, you have to get pretty ham fisted to pinch them. :applause:

I think the best thing is to avoid the HD Enduro tubes. They are wayyy too thick. Bridgestone makes a HD tube that is for MX as well as one for enduro. A bit thicker than a standard tube, but doesn't pinch or flat like a standard.

Those standard tubes are just a pinch flat waiting to happen.

James

Good Morning:

I want to thank you all for responding to my post. It was all good information.

Now lets hope the new 742FA lives up to the promise and keeps me from sliding out in the corners and taking a header. My new Fox helmet does not need any scratches. LOL

See you at the track.

RIDE RED.....................................................

I have the 05 model that came stock with the 742F. I switched it to a 742FA & it definately made a difference in cornering.