stopped losing weight.....

hey all,

i lost quite a bit in 1 month. then, for the past 3 weeks i haven't lost anything. i've been eating a bit worse than before, maybe 2500 calories at most. but still running everyday for 45 mintues. it says i burn about 400 cals each work out session. but like i said, i've been at the same weight for 3 weeks!

help please :applause:

what should i change?

Increase the intensity of your workout. Definitely cut some calories. Remember running alone just doesn't make you lose weight. Cut out a lot of sugar. Remember you will build muscle, increasing weight.

Or, have a spleen, a kidney, tonsils, and unnecessary stuff like that removed :applause:

I actually have gained weight since strted, I don't know if it's from the weights or what

Everytime you plateau you must kick up the eating plan and the workout. Its hard not to over induldge after burning so may calories but remember, you are eating your results.

Weight really doesnt matter because like the guys said before muscle weighs more than fat and you should really concentrate on your body fat to muscle ratio but ya just cut out your sugar sounds like your doing pretty good

i'll cut the sugars even more then before then.

thanks guys.

Change your workout or diet and your body will have to change again. Lift weights, run, swim, change the time of day you work out, and change your eating habits a little, and then change in 6 weeks again. I have noticed over the last few years, that I need to change up what I do about every 6 weeks, or sometimes 8 weeks and that seems to work for me.

Change your workout or diet and your body will have to change again. Lift weights, run, swim, change the time of day you work out, and change your eating habits a little, and then change in 6 weeks again. I have noticed over the last few years, that I need to change up what I do about every 6 weeks, or sometimes 8 weeks and that seems to work for me.

so.....my body is just used to what i'm doing, therefore i'm not losing any weight???

i'm buying a bench press brench, dumb bells and some other stuff, that will make me look better faster.......right?

Everytime you plateau you must kick up the eating plan and the workout. Its hard not to over induldge after burning so may calories but remember, you are eating your results.

plateau????

:applause:

plateau????

:applause:

You area hitting a plateau, but that might be a good thing. That may mean you are gaining muscle and losing fat. It means you have hit a spot where you are staying at the same weight for a longer period of time. Are you charting your weight on a graph, you will see the level of weight staying flat or a plateau.

You may just need to reduce some caloric intake, or change when you are bringing in the calories to your body. Are you eating three meals a day, or are you trying to eat smaller portions 5 to 6 times a day. Just making that change can help you tremendously.

I learned a lot from a few guys on here, that somewhat disagree on the ways certain thing work on or in your body, so I won't mention names. But read through some of the posts about diets and exercise and you will notice some trends that really seem to work for a lot of people.

Not everyone gains muscle or loses weight the same. You may lose 5 pounds in one week and then only lose 1 pound each of the next 4 weeks. You may be gaining muscle and that is a good think also. You don't have to become the HULK or anything, but some muscle gain is a good thing.

thanks alot.

i have a routine where i eat 3 meals a day, so i'm gonna work on changing that. i have been doing an hour of running at 130-140 BPM everyday so i'm surprised i'm not thinning out like crazy??? the scale doesn't show change and i'm just as fat as before. i'm starting to give up all hope.

so....

zero sugar

6 small meals a day

should i keep the running?

would lifting weights be better than running? i also want to get biult up a bit too....

thanks

I sent you a PM.

thanks flip.

Hey WFW, you may want to do a search or read a book about the training methodology called Periodization. This is a method of breaking up training into separate periods of training that stress different systems in your body so that they build on each other and your fitness can always be moving forward. You can use Periodization to plan out when your fitness will peak for important events as well. More importantly for you it will help avoid plataus in fitness. The eariler post about your muscle gain catching up to your fat loss may be true. The periodization will help your fitness keep moving forward though. Good luck and keep that chin up.

I was on a plateau for 5 weeks. After I revisited the basics and started counting calories closely again, I saw I was cheating a bit. I upped my water intake and went back to counting calories. I also work my legs like an animal, that and an hr a day on the ex. bike at 70% mhr work very well for me. I also increased my workouts. I have made this a priority so I devote 2 hrs a day to working out and cardio. Good luck. 25 down and 20 to go, Dave

thanks guys. starting losing weight again thanks to a member on here(his excact name i don't remember) but he knows who he is, and i can't thank him enough.

If you've lost alot of wt in a short period time or even a 'decent' amount of weight you body will start to think it's starving and then it lowers the amount of t3, ghrelin, and leptin hormones to slow the metabolism and thereby STOP the wt loss/starvation condition.

This hormone shutdown begins to happen at about 2 weeks and you can see it is full blown at 4-6 weeks with cessation of wt loss. Whether the shut-down is from caloric deficit or overtraining doesn't matter.

Take a couple weeks and be 'normal' and while continuing the workouts, allow your calories to go back up about 25% so 'some' of your hormones can return to normal.

I say 'some' because it has been found that 'leptin' which is in part controlled by insulin is the MAIN controller of wt loss and when people lose weight their leptin levels GO DOWN as I indicated above. Then, even when they STOP the diet and return to normal levels of food, their leptin DOES NOT return to normal until they are nearly the same wt as before the diet!

That is precisely why people yo-yo diet and people who lose wt nearly always gain it back and then some.

some good info. on those websites

So what helped you start losing again?

when i ate enough for maintance for a few days, then went back to eating about 2200 cals i starting losing again automatically. i think that helped me. but i felt GREAT when i ate 3300 calories in one day. so much energy, i felt like a squirrel on crack cocaine. it was amazing. but as soon as i went back to 2200, i went back to being tired with no "get up and go".